i recently got 4 d-tunas on my birthday (don't ask). i was thinking of getting 2 more and put them on one floyd rose unit. would that mess up the system at all? i'm always tired of tuning down to D because it take forever on a floyd rose and i don't want to have 1 guitar for dropped tunings, one for standard and one one step down
Morris Les Paul copy
Jackson DKXT Dinky
Seagull Acoustic

Roland Cube 15
Line 6 spider IV 75
That's definitely not going to work with a floating Floyd. The changes in string tension are going to pull the whole thing out of tune and you'll have to retune anyways, at least if I'm thinking of this right. It'll be just as much work as tuning it that way to begin with.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Well d-tuna's can't be used on floating floyd's only the top mounted ones, but if your floyd is dive only then I dont see a problem in using it, though I'm not sure if it will drop to the correct tuning because they were built to make a drop from E to D
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
It might. ^ They're not designed to go from E-D, they're just designed to drop a whole step. No way to find out unless you try.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
It might. ^ They're not designed to go from E-D, they're just designed to drop a whole step. No way to find out unless you try.

Well true a hipshot extender key can be used on any bass string so I assume the same theory applies here
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
I don't see why it wouldn't work...I mean you have to block your trem to use a d tuna anyways...so you won't have to worry about it throwing the tuning out of whack. Let us know how it turns out
EVHs website says they dont recommend it for 6 strings. I could envisage a lot of intonation and tuning problems. Also the bridge has to be set and must be high enough so the screws are above the recess (i.e. not like the lo pros)
Quote by lucertia.
EVHs website says they dont recommend it for 6 strings. I could envisage a lot of intonation and tuning problems. Also the bridge has to be set and must be high enough so the screws are above the recess (i.e. not like the lo pros)

+1..........Ive got one on my Strat work's as advertised.
Im not sure but I dont know if they are wide enough. Also the strings all have different amounts of tension on them so what would be a full step of movement on one string is not always a full step movement on another string. Granted the D-tuna has the small screw for fine adjustments but im not sure if it can have a large enough "sweep" for lack of a better term to work properly on all 6 strings.

You could try on a few of the strings though supposing you have a flush mount or blocked floyd rose, and considering you have 4 to experiment with.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
To echo what Ethan said yeah the tensions and degree of change needed for each string will be different so it likely will not work. I would say it'd probably work on the E and A strings maybe the D but that's about it your treble strings are going to need to much of a change for the D-Tuna to work. I believe it'll work on Floaters as well I think I heard of someone using it on one of the other sites I post on.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
You adjust a thumbscrew on a D-tuner,and effectively set them for what note you what them to drop to- Michael Manring,a solo bassist, has Hipshot Dtuners for all the strings on a few of his basses, so changes in tension etc are no problem- the thumbscrew is simply adjusted to facilitate each individual string. The thumbscrew is adjusted, and the pivot stops where the thumbscrew resides- there's your adjustment setting.