Page 1 of 2
Recently, I've had the fortune to have quite a few lucid dreams. So I thought I'd create a thread where we can discuss the various aspects of dreams, lucid dreams and the subconscious, share stories etc.

So,
Recently I've been experimenting with the relationship between the subconscious and lucid dreams. These "dream experiments" started when I realized that I had never had dream sex. Not once, yet I am willing to bet that everybody who reads this has. When I noticed that I had never had dream sex, I sought out the ability to lucid dream so that I could manipulate my dream in whichever way I wish (specifically to conjure up a flamingly hot girl to ram until morning).

So the first lucid dream came along, I dreamed up said chick, and all went well until I tried to bone her. All of a sudden, a huge ass tongue comes out of her pussy and starts licking my junk. I have a huge "ZOMGWTF" moment and I wake up.

So, the next lucid dream, I tried something a little more bold, and had nothing to do with sex. I'm going to guess that most of you have heard of the chemical DMT (very powerful hallucinogenic chemical that your brain produces, if you want more info on it go to the drug thread or erowid.org). Anyway, I decide that since your brain produces it, maybe one could smoke it in a lucid dream and release it in mass quantities, effectively making it so you trip major balls when you wake up (because you only lucid dream when you are about to wake). Next lucid dream comes along, triggered because my dream prior to lucidity featured me toking with some friends, and the pipe made me think of DMT. So I got ahold of the pipe, and thought up some DMT and tried to smoke it. It didn't appear. No matter how hard I tried to make the DMT appear in the bowl, it wouldn't come.

I'm assuming that the reason that these things occurred (or didn't occur) is because my subconscious just wouldn't allow it for one reason or another. Thoughts?
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Im all about lucid dreams right now, as we are learning mind blowing stuff in my science fiction class. Im teaching myself how to do it ill post tomorrow if i do it
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
All I saw in that wall was the word pussy.

EDIT: Seriously, I've never had a real lucid dream. I've only had those "false awakening" things.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Last edited by Aaron0612 at Oct 12, 2009,
Quote by DempseyPunk
Im all about lucid dreams right now, as we are learning mind blowing stuff in my science fiction class. Im teaching myself how to do it ill post tomorrow if i do it

It takes a hell of a lot more than one night to get your mind trained to induce a lucid dream, although some people can do it quite often naturally.
Quote by Aaron0612
All I saw in that wall was the word pussy.

Are you sure you weren't looking at DempseyPunk's sig?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Deep **** bro.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Lucid dreams rock, I seem to have a lot of them. I don't do anything special I'm just lucky.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
I only have a few not very often. My subconscious is pretty weird on its own without me influencing it.
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Although it's not actually considered scientifically valid anymore, check out Freud's stuff on dreams. He was completely convinced that the unconscious and dreams were intimately connected. So did Jung, for that matter.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
It takes a hell of a lot more than one night to get your mind trained to induce a lucid dream, although some people can do it quite often naturally.

Yea, I managed to do it quite naturally, but that's because whenever my mind sees a hot girl in a dream it thinks "get lucid so you can hump her till dawn" and whenever I see a pipe my mind thinks "get lucid so you can try to make the DMT work this time".
And luckily those things appear quite often for me.

Also, I have heard that shamans used to look at the back of their hands to induce lucid dreams, as your dreams self rarely has a body.
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Dreams, Lucid Dreams and the Subconscious = win.

The only reason that I'm sure of for your... failures is that you simply haven't practiced enough. EVERYTHING is supposed to be possible. I've tried dream sex before too
- it's pretty much failed every time. I don't regularly practice LDing though, so that's obviously a problem.
Quote by divinecrossfire
Yea, I managed to do it quite naturally, but that's because whenever my mind sees a hot girl in a dream it thinks "get lucid so you can hump her till dawn" and whenever I see a pipe my mind thinks "get lucid so you can try to make the DMT work this time".
And luckily those things appear quite often for me.

Also, I have heard that shamans used to look at the back of their hands to induce lucid dreams, as your dreams self rarely has a body.

Typically you're body is distorted or stuff.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

ARRG!!! someone posted a thread about dreams a few months ago and had a link to this GIGANTIC WEBPAGE talking about dreams and scheisse like that...I bookmarked the link but deleted it!!! RRRRAAARRRUUUUGGG!!!! (If anyone know's what I'm talking about please post the link, the webpage was reeeeeaaaallllyyyy loooonnnnggg if that helps at all)
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Quote by KeepOnRotting

ive had em before(and quite often), but weve been learnin since school started like 2-3 months ago. Its a pain, but im studying and trying my best
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Last edited by DempseyPunk at Oct 12, 2009,
I've had maybe four lucid dreams before. The first one lasted a really long time. The other three ended really abruptly.

I don't really know how to "practice" lucid dreaming. Though, the whole waking up for and hour and then returning to sleep worked the first time I tried it.

In any case, I really wish I could do this regularly. Makes me feel like I'm not wasting my time sleeping.
I've been reccently trying to train myself to lucid dream...And about one in 3 nights, I'll have complete awareness in a dream, but I can't manipulate that dream however I try.

For instance, I'll try to fly, but cannot succeed.
Quote by gagibson
I'm just in the process of trying to remember them. Hopefully soon I'll be able to lucid dream

I've always been able to remember most of my dreams quite vividly, but I've never been able to keep myself in a lucid state for more than a few seconds.
Lucid dreaming is amazing.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
You've probably had several sex dreams before, but you don't remember them. You go through several stages of sleep every night, and you dream only in the short REM cycle for periods of about 10-15 minutes. The chances of remembering a dream when you do not wake up during it are very slim.

Edit: I should add that you go through the sleep cycle more than once in your sleep so you'll have maybe 3-5 periods of REM sleep a night.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Oct 12, 2009,
Quote by Evildude
I've been reccently trying to train myself to lucid dream...And about one in 3 nights, I'll have complete awareness in a dream, but I can't manipulate that dream however I try.

For instance, I'll try to fly, but cannot succeed.

I have the same problem, but i can control simple things, such as flushing a toilet, turning a handle, or turnung on a light...not always succesful though. I do seem to control this spiderman power(lame i know) where i can shoot webs at whimsy, whether or not it fits in. also, whenever i try to fly, i fall if anyone in my dream is watching me...stange sh*t in my head
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
i had one lucid dream once. i was walking in this parking lot near my house and then i realized that i was dreaming so i thought of what to dream about. i decided to go back in time in the same parking lot. went back about fourty years and saw both my parents and my friends parents smoking and then woke up laughing my ass off. fun stuff.
Quote by RedDeath9
Dreams, Lucid Dreams and the Subconscious = win.

The only reason that I'm sure of for your... failures is that you simply haven't practiced enough. EVERYTHING is supposed to be possible. I've tried dream sex before too
- it's pretty much failed every time. I don't regularly practice LDing though, so that's obviously a problem.

Yea, I'm planning on practicing a lot more, but it does raise an interesting question. What if you can't do anything?

See, I picture the subconscious like this:

imagine a room that you are standing it. this room has no windows or doors, just blank white wall. you are standing in your conscious state. now, imagine a very strong pressure pressing in on the walls from all sides and angels. the outside is your subconscious. obviously you need to be able to transfer things from your conscious to your subconscius, so this is done normally by the sacrifice of memory. you give up your memory during sleep, and your subconscious and conscious mingle freely. the issue with lucid dreams and communicating with your subconscious is that you now have your memory. with the memory, you cannot possibly flow freely between conscious and sub. the only way to access the subconscous or "outside" of the room is to drill a hole in the wall. but if you did this, the walls would weaken and the pressure would cause your conscious state (the room you are in) to collapse, crushing you. in theoretical reality, this "crushing" would result in a neurological crash, somewhat like if your computers memory is suddenly overflowed with information and the system crashes, in lucid dreams your subconcious may not allow certain things because it would overload your mind and cause your mind to crash

what i think is needed to allow for a way to freely communicate and flow between the conscious and subconscious without the information causing you to crash is a way to slowly extract the information so you can process it without you going insane, or possibly a supercomputer that could extract the information without you having to process it solely in your head. that way you could slowly read the information at your own pace

i believe there is an intimate connection between the subconscious and dreams, but i think it is restricted so long as you don't have a method of which to insure that you will not go insane by accessing the buttloads of information

also, if the epi-genome theory is accurate (the idea that the non-coding regions of your DNA hold the memories of your ancestors) and you could tap into that memory with techniques such as lucid dreaming or a supercomputer that could extract the information, we could create a mosaic of memory effectively creating an explorable, 100% accurate and potentially immersive history of our species dating all the way back to when humans first evolved to having our current structure of DNA

picture a yotta-extreme-supercomputer that created this mosaic of history. and created it in a way that you could immerse yourself in the actual event. experiencing as close to first hand as possible the battle of Thermopylae, the American revolution etc.

imagine the possibilities...

DivinEdit:
Quote by madshatter
i had one lucid dream once. i was walking in this parking lot near my house and then i realized that i was dreaming so i thought of what to dream about. i decided to go back in time in the same parking lot. went back about fourty years and saw both my parents and my friends parents smoking and then woke up laughing my ass off. fun stuff.

hahahahahahaha, i bet you looked at your parents funny that morning
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Last edited by divinecrossfire at Oct 12, 2009,
Quote by madshatter

awesome
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
hypnagogia is the biggest mind **** ive experienced as far as sleep related phenomena goes.
Divinecrossfire...

Quote by Holy Katana
TS, have you ever seen Serial Experiments Lain?

Nope, whats it about?

And speaking of this topic in media, has anyone here read any of Carlos Castaneda's books?

DivinEdit:

Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

sigged
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Last edited by divinecrossfire at Oct 12, 2009,
It's a cyberpunk anime that's kind of hard to explain. It features the Internet (or the "Wired," as it's referred to in the series) as a manifestation of the collective unconscious. It also explores the idea of people being the neurons of the Earth.

I think you'd really like it. I know I did.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Oct 12, 2009,
Where can you find it? Hulu?
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Letting your subconcious do what it likes > lucid dreaming. Although to be fair my dreams aren't particularly vivid, so my lucid dreaming is more or less just daydreaming.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
Letting your subconscious do what it likes > lucid dreaming. Although to be fair my dreams aren't particularly vivid, so my lucid dreaming is more or less just daydreaming.

My subconscious tries to ****ing kill me most of the time.
In my dreams it sometimes makes me collapse and paralyses me (In the dream) in places that would kill me (Like a road, or train track). Other times it rewards me with strange objects. Or just sex.

I've never had a lucid dream so to speak. But I've definitely had incredibly vivid dreams.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by metaldud536
I find sometimes dreams become real lucid when you're sick or stressed. Or sometimes they are just plain weird.

This is true. I was sick and stressed the other day, and I had the most lucid dream of my life. I want to learn to do it.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by whalepudding
Letting your subconcious do what it likes > lucid dreaming. Although to be fair my dreams aren't particularly vivid, so my lucid dreaming is more or less just daydreaming.

I have some of the most bizarre and potentially symbolic dreams of anyone I know. I wonder what lucid dreaming would be like for me. I'll try it again tonight, since I know I can do it, just not for more than a few seconds.
I had an extremely vivid dream where I was fighting in WWII against Japan. I was in some hanger.

Consumed before: 2 bananas (works real well makes dream vivid and you remember them)
Quote by RU Experienced?
You've probably had several sex dreams before, but you don't remember them. You go through several stages of sleep every night, and you dream only in the short REM cycle for periods of about 10-15 minutes. The chances of remembering a dream when you do not wake up during it are very slim.

Edit: I should add that you go through the sleep cycle more than once in your sleep so you'll have maybe 3-5 periods of REM sleep a night.

And timing your alarm clock to wake you up during or shortly after these REM periods is the way to go right? I thought by doing so you could train your brain to remember dreams even though you don't wake up.
Page 1 of 2