I have a freind who is selling a vox vt 30 for $100. i currently have a peavey vypyr 30 (solid state) as my modeling amp. im pretty sure the vox sound better and it is actually a hybrid tube amp so it should be better. should i buy the vox and get rid of my vypyr. oh btw i dont care much about effects, plus all the effects on my vypyr sound like crap anyway. i just care about how each amp model sounds.
they're basically on par with each other. if you like the vox better, buy it.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by rkp1992
plus all the effects on my vypyr sound like crap anyway. i just care about how each amp model sounds.

wat

I actually love the Vypyr's envelope filter.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by rkp1992
I have a freind who is selling a vox vt 30 for $100. i currently have a peavey vypyr 30 (solid state) as my modeling amp. im pretty sure the vox sound better and it is actually a hybrid tube amp so it should be better. should i buy the vox and get rid of my vypyr. oh btw i dont care much about effects, plus all the effects on my vypyr sound like crap anyway. i just care about how each amp model sounds.

A few things wrong with that sentence.

A hybrid tube amp is nothing more than a marketing scheme. You'd be suprised how little one preamp tube is a SS amp makes.

Another, just because its tube dosen't mean its better. There are good SS amps out there and bad tube amps.

Back to the topic, theya re basically on par, one more suited to metal and the other to classic rock (Vox)
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ