This morning I was on the internet and suddenly every single website I visited was blocked by parental controls. I restarted the computer and it was fine. Then tonight I was on the computer again and my security system told me that something (I don't remember the name) was trying to change my security settings. I selected not to allow the change, and then a small box appeared for about half a second, then disappeared (at a glance it looked like command prompt or something). At this time the toolbar at the bottom of the monitor (I forget what it's called) and all my desktop icons disappeared. I ran a full sweep of my computer and found nothing but a couple of cookies. I quarantined them, restarted the computer, and now everything seems fine, although a couple minor settings have been changed.

Do I have a virus? Is it hiding, collecting my personal information and credit card numbers? Or am I paranoid?
Last edited by P1ayingW1thF1re at Oct 12, 2009,
Spyware probably.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
If we don't know the name, it's difficult at best to help you I'm afraid.

Use a virus scanner in safe mode. Other than that, I can't really help you.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Khromium
Y2K is just arriving late
It's the Y2k+9 scare.

RUN TS, RUN!
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
If you haven't already, get these NOW:

AVG Free Personal Anti-VIrus
Spybot Search & Destroy
Ad-Aware
CCleaner
OPTIONAL: ZoneAlarm Free Firewall (if you prefer not to use the Windows one)

Set them up and run them. Preliminary use of the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool is recommended.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
No, I use spysweeper.
Spysweeper will conflict with Spybot by the way, and you'll start getting a bunch of random popups from it saying that various pieces of spyware are making changes to your system, or something of that nature.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
RUN YOU IDIOT!

DONT MAKE CONTACT WITH YOUR SCREEN AGAIN!

OMG I HAVE IT TOO

I MUST NOT LOOK AT omg!!! SD,KGAMREZTRAJKJNMFKJZHJRFG..........
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
I ran CCleaner and Advanced Windows Personal Care, as well as another Spysweeper sweep. They fixed some stuff but I think I would've noticed if they had found anything super serious.

Hopefully I'm okay...