I'm picking between these two:

ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000 (The Amber Sunburst Model With Seymour Duncans)

or...

Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy Custom GX

In my opinion, the EC-1000 is a lot better looking, and I want it sooooo badly, but I'm a bit iffy on the pickups. Could someone give me a good review of them?

I think the Prophecy would match my musical taste more, but would I still be able to get cleans?

If someone with relative knowledge about guitars, or just these ones in particular, it would be greatly appreciated if you could give me your input and a good, honest review of both of these guitars.

Ex: Pros & Cons, Features, What they look like in real life, Sound, Tone, etc.

Thanks UG.
"When words fail, the guitar speaks."
-George Szell
In my opinion, the ltd. I don't like the prophecy line much. Probs should get more opinions. I like the sds, much better than the epi pups. Play them both though! Don't let the interweb people dictate you evar!!!1
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
ESP LTD alllll the ****ing way dude. not a single doubt about it.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
The LTD hands down. The JB/59s are nice versatile pickups.

Otherwise if you don't absolutely need that finish and pickup configuration, Sam Ash is blowing out EC-1000s for $599 which is an absolute steal.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
Last edited by Xherion at Oct 12, 2009,
I would go with the LTD. It feels a lot better quality. You can always change pickups. You can even sell the stock pickups for money towards new pickups. It all depends on what music you play. You won't get good cleans from the Epi. The LTD is lighter and more comfortable.
Go for the Deluxe EC-1000. The Seymour Duncan JB/'59 are a great pickup pair that can handle just about anything you can throw at them. On a personal level, I think that the finish on the Deluxe EC-1000 looks better than the Epiphone as well.

Try them both out before buying!
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Not a big fan of the prophecy line, but that's mostly b/c of looks. The ESP looks good, I think they overdid the binding a bit, but the one with the sd's is cool
Thanks for all of the input and advice, guys! I was reading a few other reviews and they all had said that if you dabbled into metal, the SD's could still handle it if you cranked the gain up and whatnot. I think I'm going to go with my heart on this one, and get the EC-1000

It's truly a beautiful guitar; I'm selling my old guitar for money to get this one.

If anyone's interested, it's an Epiphone SG Prophecy EX. It's got a few tiny blemishes and I've installed an 18v/passive/9v 3-way switch into it, which looks and sounds nice too. If you could get the word around, that'd be great, as I simply cannot wait to get this beauty of a guitar.

Thanks again for all of the help, guys you helped me take that last step in deciding!
"When words fail, the guitar speaks."
-George Szell
Nice choice I'm sure you'll be happy .
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.