I'm thinking of having purchasing the guitar that is in the thread name called the Jackson-SLSMG-Super-Lightweight-Soloist-Electric-Guitar.

As can be looked at this webpage: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SLSMG-Super-Lightweight-Soloist-Electric-Guitar?sku=520316

I am of the concern nevertheless that the Super-Lightweight will be disintegrate the heaviness of the Electric-Guitar and.

Will its body of wood mahogany and active pickups [the EMG style] be sufficient to give the tone heaviness or will I ought to look for other Electric-Guitar for brutal tones (such as the Metallica, Slayer, and Cannibal Corpse).

Please help, as I am also putting into my thoughts the ESP M401, which could be heavier tone, y/n?

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_m.html

All thanks much appreciated.
I'll pry open your sphincter and brutally **** you raw.
The ebony fretboard on the Jackson won me over TAKE IT NOW!
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
More of opinions are thankful!!!
Joe Duplantier from Gojira uses a SLSMG Soloist very similar to that one (If I'm not mistaken of course) and I think they have one of the heaviest and more brutal guitar tones out there.

I'm sure it'l do what you need it to do and more.

P.S. Tell me how it goes if you get it. I've been GAS'ing for one of those beauties for God knows how long...........
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
depends on your amp, fx and pickups for the most. but the Soloist is awesome, I would get it over the LTD (which is good, but the soloist is just like....win!)
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
The soloist is one of the smoothest playing guitars I have ever played. I do not like the tone though. Very crunchy, but doesn't have enough low end. I guess if you have a good amp it doesnt really matter. I saw a used one in GC for $550, but I decided to get the schecter c1+.... Big mistake. :/
Stuff:
-Orange Tiny Terror head
-Roland Cube 20x
-Ibanez SA
-Ibanez RG7321
-Fender MIM Strat
-EB Music Man SUB 1
Quote by j37h307
The soloist is one of the smoothest playing guitars I have ever played. I do not like the tone though. Very crunchy, but doesn't have enough low end. I guess if you have a good amp it doesnt really matter. I saw a used one in GC for $550, but I decided to get the schecter c1+.... Big mistake. :/

ahaha I suppose the bigger mistake, the harder they fall ahaha.

But thanks to you all for giving me the information that is regard to the lack of a low-end of the guitar tone. I was concerned about that and so I think I will make a adventure to Guitar Center for possible trial and testing.

Much thankful!
I again felt unsettled, so I am bumping this thread in these wishes that somebody who owns these Electric-Guitars or knows this Electric-Guitars can enlighten me as to which one to be purchase with my finance.

And does the soloist contain a heaviness tone or not?
Keep in mind that these guitars are extremely thin and extremely light.
Although the quality is top notch, I felt as if the guitar was made out out of plastic resin when I played it.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
Keep in mind that these guitars are extremely thin and extremely light.
Although the quality is top notch, I felt as if the guitar was made out out of plastic resin when I played it.

But was the tone nice?
Its a soloist- the tone will be fine....

A Jackson wins out over an LTD any day.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/