Hey all,

Just came into a few bucks at GuitarCenter for a warranty claim and am debating a few things.

I have a Fender Strat with a nice bucker in there and a 5150 combo to boot. I am really into Van Halen-esque 80s rock and want to compliment my setup.

I have decided I want a compressor and phaser and would like some tips. First and foremost I am an amateur and don't need anything crazy, but something affordable and won't suck up TOO much tone.

I have look at the MXR M-101 Phase 90 and the MXR M-132 SuperComp which both fit my budget (including AC adapters). I am fairly confident in my SuperComp decision, but the Phase 90 has some other models listed and I really don't know what to look for.

Any advice, feedback, comments, rants, raves -- it would be greatly appreciated!
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
i think you should just go for those.
Gear
Fender MIM strat
Epiphone G-400 in white (yeah i know, fuck you i like it)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff
Danelectro Cool Cat Distortion
EHX Nano Small Stone
Boss DD-3 Delay
Vox V847-A Wah
Radial London Bones
awesome thanks guys you know if theyre true bypass or still too cheap?
really appreciate the input
Those 2 pedals are good, they'll do what you want pretty well. Look into the EVH Phase 90 too, if you want.
I am going to go with the Custom Shop for the extra 20 bones, seems to have some great reviews -- more of that 70s phase feel I am looking for!