today i lay-byed a Ibanez S670pb for $1300 Ill get it around xmas time, but i cant bloody wait

when i tried it i loved it, but does anybody here know of any defects it has? Also is it a korean or indonesian made guitar?
HNFGD! pretty sweet .. i believe its Made in Indonesia could be wrong but
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
Nice. I always liked the finished on them and always kind of wanted one for the body shape, but couldn't get past the 22 frets and stock pickups.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
Quote by Dellinger1988
HNFGD! pretty sweet .. i believe its Made in Indonesia could be wrong but

Depending on the year of manufacture, it might be Korean.

Personally, I would not buy any guitar made in Indonesia. Of the guitars I've seen, played and worked on, Indonesian made guitars have the worst quality and lowest QC standards. Unless the brand is a boutique or hand made brand, I would not even consider Indonesian made guitars.

From what I've seen guitars made in the State and Japan rank among the best in terms of quality, followed by Korea, Taiwan, Mexico. I've limited experience with European or Australian guitars.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Depending on the year of manufacture, it might be Korean.

Personally, I would not buy any guitar made in Indonesia. Of the guitars I've seen, played and worked on, Indonesian made guitars have the worst quality and lowest QC standards. Unless the brand is a boutique or hand made brand, I would not even consider Indonesian made guitars.

From what I've seen guitars made in the State and Japan rank among the best in terms of quality, followed by Korea, Taiwan, Mexico. I've limited experience with European or Australian guitars.

Explain the difference
I'll pry open your sphincter and brutally **** you raw.
Well my $250 Korean Ibanez has no flaws in the finish, or with anything really.

Whereas my $850 Chinese Fernandes has messed up side-of-the-neck inlays, and there is a space between the back plates and the wood.

Stuff like that.
Quote by Smarglefarb
Explain the difference

Of the 24 made in Indonesia guitars I've worked on or played...

1. All were not setup from the factory.
2. the truss rod of 7 snapped / separated itself from the neck with the first 1/8 of a turn. Of these 7, 3 were brand new.
3. about 2/3 of the guitars had finishes which could be dented with your fingernail alone.
4. Springs with had lost their elasticity were used in 2 of the guitars
5. two-thirds of the guitars had sub-standard woods used for the body (not properly cured, 1 had a body which was made from wood which was rotting)
6. warped necks on teh guitars
7. bad electronic work was prevalent
8. most were made to vary specs (2 identical guitars I had seen had a flyod rose cavity which were of different sizes and depth)
9. the flyod rose mounting of 1 guitar had ripped through the body
10. bridges were inconsistently mounted
11. At 3 retail outlets, we came across 5 different MII guitars with dead pickups (I suspect the coil windings were snapped as the guitar techs, retail assistants, my friends and I could not find any snapped wires in the electronics
12. Frets wires which had come off or were coming off the neck
13. Bodies with multiple screw holes hidden by the pick guard.

The worst part of it is that majority of these MII guitar were Ibanez, which made it even more disappointing. Of the 24 MII guitars I've come across only 4 could be used, but not without additional work on the guitars. (edit: OK, one was reasonably set up and in generally good condition, but the mountings were not very consistent)

I'd sooner use a MII guitar for kindling than I'd use it as an instrument. Based on the generally positive reviews I see of MII guitars from the states and Europe, I suspect that a lot of the better ones get sent overseas, whereas the crappy ones are shipped to other Asian countries.

Since my last hands on with an MII guitar (the bolt on neck of an RG Gio had actually expanded or warpped so that it did not sit in the neck cavity properly any longer), I've never felt inclined to even look at another MII guitar.

EDIT: O yeah, sorry, didn't really answer your question.
Worst quality: quality of the material used in the construction of the guitar and the quality of the construction work

Worst QC standards: Inconsistent quality checks on finished and set up instruments.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Last edited by ragingkitty at Oct 13, 2009,
ahk thx guys. I actualy played THE guitar i will be getting, so i know there is no obvious defects, i made sure of that. I even checked for dead spots in the wood, none.

PS raging kitty - australian made guitars are realy top notch aswell. A good aussie brand is maton and my uncle owns an acoustic of theirs. Its amazing quality.
Quote by shredder408
ahk thx guys. I actualy played THE guitar i will be getting, so i know there is no obvious defects, i made sure of that. I even checked for dead spots in the wood, none.

PS raging kitty - australian made guitars are realy top notch aswell. A good aussie brand is maton and my uncle owns an acoustic of theirs. Its amazing quality.

Actually, every guitar has dead spots, its a matter of how obvious and prominent those dead spots are... it contributes to each instrument's uniqueness.

haha thanks for the info, like I said, I've limited experience with them (only managed to try an Australian custom for 15 minutes), so I'll refrain from ANY comments, though I'd doubt they'd be anywhere as flawed as the Indo made guitars I've worked on.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by shredder408

Where it's made really has nothing to do with quality. But generally, companies go to these countries for cheap labor. They make lower end guitars there with lower quality materials. They produce many more guitars than a factory that produces high end guitars. Naturally, they're lower quality. A company can make high end Indonesian guitars, but it'll probably be a disaster since the price won't be very different from American and Japanese guitars. Who would buy an Indonesian guitar when there's an American or Japanese guitar right next to it that costs the same price?
Quote by JELIFISH19
Where it's made really has nothing to do with quality. But generally, companies go to these countries for cheap labor. They make lower end guitars there with lower quality materials. They produce many more guitars than a factory that produces high end guitars. Naturally, they're lower quality. A company can make high end Indonesian guitars, but it'll probably be a disaster since the price won't be very different from American and Japanese guitars. Who would buy an Indonesian guitar when there's an American or Japanese guitar right next to it that costs the same price?

Lowly paid labour = less training.

Less training = lower quality products.

Also you just highlighted that they make lower end guitars with lower quality materials in such countries. Hence the quality is lower.

If you wouldn't buy an Indonesian guitar if there was a Japanese or American one next to it, the Indonesian guitar has some aspects which cause you to doubt its quality and value. Hence, where it is made has something to do with quality.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )

MAKE N_G DAY THREADS WHEN YOU ACTUALLY GOT THEM!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

MAKE N_G DAY THREADS WHEN YOU ACTUALLY GOT THEM!

i must agree on this...
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"