this isnt a very large band( they are quite cool though) but im dying to get a sound similar to their guitars. any amp suggestions?....i posted a diff amp talking about that night train and thats my current choice but im trying to keep an open mind. i dont wanna pay more than 800 bucks for the amp though.

thank you
hey i took a look at them and unfortunately your price range will deff not get you what you want one guitarist uses a peavey 6505 and the other uses a marshall dsl both of which are over 1000 just for the head so save up some money and check out the vox ac30 you might find their sound in that amp wit a boost pedal
Quote by Skagasm
hey i took a look at them and unfortunately your price range will deff not get you what you want one guitarist uses a peavey 6505 and the other uses a marshall dsl both of which are over 1000 just for the head so save up some money and check out the vox ac30 you might find their sound in that amp wit a boost pedal

What? You can buy nice used 5150 212 combos all day long for $500
if that's what the TS wants.
Quote by Skagasm
The Vox Ac30 doesn't even sound remotely similar to either of those amps, and he can get a used 6505 or 5150 for much cheaper than that. I've seen 5150 combos for $500 on craigslist.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Last edited by Ferrets! at Oct 13, 2009,
Quote by Skagasm
i wasn't saying that a vox ac30 had similar sounds to it i was saying he could probably get that bands sound through one easily. and 6505 212 combos i did find one on used guitar center for 800 heres the link http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/index.cfm i always thought they were more expensive

The band uses 6505s. Used they are in the TS's price range. You admit AC30s sound nothing like the Peavey yet you still recommend he can easily get the sound he wants with the Vox?

WTF dude?
Quote by BobDetroit
The band uses 6505s. Used they are in the TS's price range. You admit AC30s sound nothing like the Peavey yet you still recommend he can easily get the sound he wants with the Vox?

WTF dude?

a vox ac30 is a staple studio amp for that genre man. and i dont think he will necessarily need a half stack with the right eq'ing that sound is easily attainable. pop punk and ac30 gp hand in hand