I purchased a ****ty 60 buck Acoustic. In one day i am able to place my fingers the right way to finger pick, i am a bit slow but i guess i will have to practice. How long did it take you to finger pick well?
its just practice man. believe me, just practicing all the time and having a passion. believe me, no one ever really stops learning.

Gear:
Reverend PA1
Fender Lone Star Strat
Fender Frontman 212R
Squier Jagmaster
Ibanez AE Series Acoustic
Ibanez EWN28 Classical
Vox Satchurator
Dunlop Cry Baby
MXR Carbon Copy
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
it took me a week or two to get my first - and very simple - finger picking pattern down.
Thanks guys, i have a great desire for finger picking. I am thinking about getting a Seagull. Should i buy a new guitar or wait untill a few months.
Quote by CountryB0y
Thanks guys, i have a great desire for finger picking. I am thinking about getting a Seagull. Should i buy a new guitar or wait untill a few months.

I'd wait a few months. Firstly, you'll be able to save up a little more money. Secondly, your experience over those months should increase your understanding and appreciation of the qualities of different instruments, so you can make a more informed decision when you're selecting your new instrument. Thirdly, your initial practice sessions are going to be...well, horrendous. You'll make lots of mistakes, and it'll take you some time to achieve a certain degree of comfort and fluidity with the instrument anyway, especially if you're new to it. So there's no benefit to going for a better guitar straight away, it's not like it'll magically increase your skill or anything. Just stick at it, practice, and above all, persevere. Sometimes, it'll feel like you're getting nowhere, making little or even no headway at all, but I promise you, stick through the shit and you'll reap the rewards.
idk maybe like an hour fingerpicking is the easiest technique...well after strumming that is
Quote by Hullucinate
idk maybe like an hour fingerpicking is the easiest technique...well after strumming that is
That sounds great. After work i play the Acoustic for alittle more then an hour.