I was looking into buying a loop pedal for my electric. from what i've seen, they are all expensive.

what is my best option for inexpensive looping?
you might have tried this already, but how about finding 2 - 3 of THE cheapest loop stations, & between those-choose which one is more thesable. i assume you're aware of musiciansfriend.com / zzounds.com & the like. check through those sites to help catalyze your sifting & weeding out.

Hope this helps
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
Well really I'm a very big fan of the RC20xl by boss as you can save loops for later use which makes it superior to most others to me.
What exactly do you need in a looping pedal?
All that I really want to do is lay down some rythem guitar and loop it so I can run some scales over it to work on my soloing.

I've checked out musicians friend, I was asking here because you people seem to be in the know.
even if you get the boss rc-2, it has tons of features for a small stomp box. I've had mine for over a year, and its definatly the most used and loved pedal in my aresenal.

that being said, the next model up isnt that much more money...so i've heard
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Last edited by thedekker at Oct 13, 2009,