Well, a buddy of mine picked up one of these on Saturday, I spent Sunday playing around with it since he lives in Calgary and didn't have anything to play it through. Long-story-short: I fell enough in love with it to start scouring CL for one.

A couple of days later and I've got mine. Cheap and mint condition, thanks CL!

Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
hnpd! looks nice is it really as good as everyone is saying?
And if I don't see ya, in a long, long while

I'll try to find you

Left of the dial
HNPD!
Quote by lostjesse
hnpd! looks nice is it really as good as everyone is saying?
I don't tend to put a whole lot of stock into what people say over the internet, which, as in all cases, was good to do with the OCD. It's not the god-sent tonal savior that everyone makes it out to be. You still have to have a good amp and the finesse to get the most out of this extremely sensitive pedal. All that said, this is still the best of the overdrive pedals I've ever used. I'll definitely be suggesting the OCD around here from now on.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
HNPD. just a few questions man. will this pedal give my voxac30 a really good overdriven crunch? i really need a pedal cause its a pain to get that thing into any good natural overdrive
Hnpd
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
hmm if i ever get the chance i will try t out
And if I don't see ya, in a long, long while

I'll try to find you

Left of the dial
Boost the HT-5 with it !!
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Tyrus97
HNPD. just a few questions man. will this pedal give my voxac30 a really good overdriven crunch? i really need a pedal cause its a pain to get that thing into any good natural overdrive
No idea, never tried an OCD through a Vox AC30.

Quote by Van Noord
Boost the HT-5 with it !!
My Bad Monkey actually works better as a boost so far.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Hnpd!
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
HNPD ch0...

have you tried it on the 18V mode yet? Its a whole different animal when you have more juice running through it.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
^just being a nerd but more voltage doesn't necessarily mean more juice. it does mean the components on the inside willl act differently though. voltages will change but the current drawn might actually drop.

HNPD. i think i might look into this to overdrive my soon to be matchless.
Congrats man, these are supposed to be great. I've actually been considering one, basically to try to get a crunch tone out of my Bassman... You think this is a good option?

So just think warm, punchy cleans, with OCD over top... Would that be an acceptable Marshall crunch tone?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Fulltone used Comic Sans on the OCD? I never noticed that before!
404: Sig not found.
The classic! Happy NPD!
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by Tyrus97

Look into a Danelectro Transparent OD if you want to keep your amps sound sing a pedal.

Oh, and ch0 - HNPD!
Quote by joe_k
^just being a nerd but more voltage doesn't necessarily mean more juice. it does mean the components on the inside willl act differently though. voltages will change but the current drawn might actually drop.

HNPD. i think i might look into this to overdrive my soon to be matchless.

Haha.. yeah I know... but just using it as a figure of speech...

Technically the current will halve with a doubling of the voltage right? Please correct if I'm wrong... I'm a researcher not a electrical tech. lol
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Wouldn't that fry the components if there is too much voltage?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by ragingkitty
HNPD ch0...

have you tried it on the 18V mode yet? Its a whole different animal when you have more juice running through it.
Thanks! No, I don't have an 18v adapter to try it with yet. Hard to imagine this pedal getting much better though. The more I play it the more I'm blown away by how dynamic it is.

Quote by tubetime86
Congrats man, these are supposed to be great. I've actually been considering one, basically to try to get a crunch tone out of my Bassman... You think this is a good option?

So just think warm, punchy cleans, with OCD over top... Would that be an acceptable Marshall crunch tone?
The HP mode on the OCD does give everything a pretty distinct British flavor. It would definitely be worth trying.

Quote by Diamond Dave
be careful with the HP LP switch, mine broke.
Will do, thanks for the advice.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by ch0
Thanks! No, I don't have an 18v adapter to try it with yet. Hard to imagine this pedal getting much better though. The more I play it the more I'm blown away by how dynamic it is.

Try to get one... it sounds magical!
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by JoePerry4life
Wouldn't that fry the components if there is too much voltage?

No, Fuller designed his pedals to not fry. And with just some component swaps any pedal will be fine at 18v.

HNPD!

E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by ChrisN
Fulltone used Comic Sans on the OCD? I never noticed that before!

Comic Sans makes me sad

HNPD!
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

I really wanna get an 18v power supply for this thing. It sounds great as is but seems to hit a bit of a wall with the gain when you try and crank it past 3 o'clock.
Quote by Marty Friedman