I want to buy my dad the Epiphone Hummingbird but I want to change up some of the parts like the nuts, pins, bridge, saddle, strings to make it sound more like the Gibson. Any suggestions?
buy a gibson.
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
I used brass pins in my POS acoustic and it sounds a bit better than it did with the plastic pins.
Learningplayer, that's not an answer to the question. Don't be a dick. Thanks. =) Have a nice day.

Anyway,
I would say that you could get it set up (or set it up yourself, whichever you would prefer), to start. That'll get it playing well. Switch over to brass bridge pins, maybe a brass nut.
Does the Epi have a bone saddle, or a plastic one? If it's plastic, I would change it over to bone.

All in all, there's a much smaller amount you can do to help an acoustic the way you would help an electric, yanno?
If you have any further questions, send me a PM. Please don't leave a comment on my profile. I always forget to look at that.

Have a sizzlin' day,
AJ
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
you can do the little things to improve the sustain. But its not going to sound like a gibson because the higher priced instruments get dibs on the better quality woods. I dont know if they are even made of the same wood as their gibson counterparts but if they are play multiple hummingbirds till you find one that sounds good. When it comes to an accoustic its all in the ears not the pricetag.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
I want to apologize for my idiotic post, I got a warning for that.
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion