I run a podxt live through a marshall mg stack (it sounds freaking great, haters f-off). im recording through a usb from the pod to my computer since i dont have a mic at the moment and i cant get a decent tone at all.

i know i wont get a good tone ever this way but what particular adjustments can i try to make to a distorted tone to transfer a little bit better atleast?
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
Quote by Neo_Towel
I run a podxt live through a marshall mg stack (it sounds freaking great, haters f-off). im recording through a usb from the pod to my computer since i dont have a mic at the moment and i cant get a decent tone at all.

i know i wont get a good tone ever this way but what particular adjustments can i try to make to a distorted tone to transfer a little bit better atleast?

you can get very good tones using an x3 ive never owned one myself (im planning on getting a pod x3 pro) but ive heard that the bigges issue is a top end fizz.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/recording-studio/66324-the-pod-recording-tips-tricks-and-eq-ing-thread.html

that thread right there is a great resource for pods. if you want some inspiration this band recorded with just pod farm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGS8vvQKg14 enjoy!
One thing you probably missed is the presest which designates how you are outputting with the POD (direct, amp etc.) If it is set so that it sounds good through your amp it will sound crap if you run it direct into the computer. It's only one setting. Change it and you'll be most of the way there. You may need to adjust your tones slightly after that but it shouldn't be a complete redo and they should at least resemble what you are getting through the Marshall.
Quote by Nostrildamus
One thing you probably missed is the presest which designates how you are outputting with the POD (direct, amp etc.) If it is set so that it sounds good through your amp it will sound crap if you run it direct into the computer. It's only one setting. Change it and you'll be most of the way there. You may need to adjust your tones slightly after that but it shouldn't be a complete redo and they should at least resemble what you are getting through the Marshall.

+1 i never even thought of this. you need to come up with a preset that sounds good by itself (try putting on some headphones and adjusting some patches)