im thinking of getting a fender custom classic strat. but theres some changes i wanted to do to it. i wanted it to have dual humbuckers and instead of a 5 way blade switch i want a 3 way toggle switch. i did a crapy microsoft paint attempt at it. let me know what you guys think.

(oh and btw, i wanted to change the pickup selector because when its on the neck position i always end up bumping it down so i think a 3 way selector will be alot better)
Attachments:
custom idea.jpg
FOR SALE: MESA BOOGIE STUDIO PREAMP
Ship Worldwide, Message me for details.
i'm a fan of blade switches. i think they just look cleaner. of course i'm in the process of modding my Squier '51 so it has a 3 way toggle, so i guess i can't be a hypocrite haha

anyway, the rest of it looks pretty good i think! but if you're going to mod the hell out of it i'd go for a cheaper model. if i looked at the right model it was close to $2000. i think the american standard body is routed for an HSH setup, so you could still put dual humbuckers in it.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
yeh that was the only 2 things i was ganna change. the selector will be easy just get an uncut pickguard and then if the custom isnt HSH setup then i can just get the neck pickup routed seeing as the bridge is already humbicker routed in all strats. but yeh i was set on the custom even though it is more expenisve but at my local shop its the same price as the american deluxe standard so it dosent really bother me
FOR SALE: MESA BOOGIE STUDIO PREAMP
Ship Worldwide, Message me for details.
Quote by nathan549
yeh that was the only 2 things i was ganna change. the selector will be easy just get an uncut pickguard and then if the custom isnt HSH setup then i can just get the neck pickup routed seeing as the bridge is already humbicker routed in all strats. but yeh i was set on the custom even though it is more expenisve but at my local shop its the same price as the american deluxe standard so it dosent really bother me

Or you can just route the whole strat. Have the pool type rout, where its a huge rectangle for all positions, since the pickguard holds the pickups.

I'd recommend HSH over HH, unless you plan on adding coil split. More versatile.