Hey all, for the past year or so now I have been playing through an amp, but I keep hearing about the pod UX2. I sort of understand what it is. I know it claims to reach all sorts of awesome tones but it seems odd to me that something that cheap could emulate thousands of dollars worth of equipment.

I would like to start recording some of my stuff and use the clips in some of my buddies art and animation projects, as well as just have the ability to compile my stuff. Is this going to do the trick? If so I will run out right now and pick one up.
The UX2 is a recording interface nothing more. The tones come from the software like PodFarm. My UX2 came with a few programs like Ableton Live which is a great recording program should do you fine but IMO there are better interfaces for the money
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Oct 13, 2009,
ah, i was very interested in podfarm, do these other interfaces come with similar software? what would you recommend?
90% of the clips in my profile were recorded with my UX2, the older ones with Gearbox and the newer ones with POD Farm.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
How do you do it then matrixclaw?

Microphone into pod UX2 into computer?

As far as i could figure out, you just had to plug the guitar into the pod UX2, and then emulate amps on your computer.

I'd rather mic up my real amp, but have no understandig of how to do it.
I get alot better tones with my amp, imo if you'd rather mic your amp and do it that way,

with the software you get a bit more flexability with pedals etc that you don't have in RL, but if you have a good emount of gear already go for the mic
Quote by skralan
How do you do it then matrixclaw?

Microphone into pod UX2 into computer?

As far as i could figure out, you just had to plug the guitar into the pod UX2, and then emulate amps on your computer.

I'd rather mic up my real amp, but have no understandig of how to do it.

Most of my clips are just the guitar straight into the UX2 using the modeling software, but the clips marked with an amp name all use the UX2 with a mic (or two) into it. All of the songs should have the setup listed that I used to record with as the first comment.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by AxSilentxLine
The UX2 is a recording interface nothing more. The tones come from the software like PodFarm. My UX2 came with a few programs like Ableton Live which is a great recording program should do you fine but IMO there are better interfaces for the money

agreed, ill sell mine to you if you really want one