ok heres the go

i am looking to buy an electric guitar amp and i am not sure which one to get. i have narrowed it down to a few. here they are

marshall mg15dfx
orange crush 15r
roland cube 15x
vox pathfinder 15r
line 6 spider I ( 15 wat version )
randall 15xm

those are what i have narrowed it down to. please give me your advice cox i am stuck big time and need help. please include reasons for your choice.

Equipment which is going to be used: epiphone les paul standard or epi sg g400 custom AI

Things going to be played: powerchords, distortion, guns n roses stuff, led zep stuff, riffing etc

Desperate for help please answer
Stay away from the spiders. They do infact suck. I also hear the Marshall MG's suck but I've yet to try one. I've tried the Roland and Orange and they're decent.
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
a lot of people hate the mg's, but my little sister has one that i use sometimes to practice on and it sounds great for a beginners amp!!!!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

RHCP

LED ZEP

HENDRIX

Hail SYD BARRETT
My advice is only to get a spider if your going to mainly be doing covers as they don't have their own sound, they digitize over amps and musicians sounds, but infact are decent amps if thats what your doing, if not then get something else.

I don't know about the others though haven't really played any of them but i have heard MG's are rubbish but haven't tried 1 myself
I have no experience with the Vox or the Randall.

The best among the remaining lot there is the Roland Cube.

The Orange is an acceptable practice amp, but don't expect the signature Orange tone.

Stay away from the Spider and the MG.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Cube, vyper, valvetronix

its been said a million times ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

The new marshall mgs are a massive step up from the old range, however, for the price, the features are a bit limited compared to other modelling amps in the bedroom/practice amp bracket.
Quote by dgargett95
a lot of people hate the mg's, but my little sister has one that i use sometimes to practice on and it sounds great for a beginners amp!!!!

The cleans are not bad.....but the OD sucks. Totally. Doesnt have any character. Not enough gain either, now that you mention it. And the EQ is terrible. You need to rotate the knobs halfway to notice any difference in sound. Totally unlike my pedal-even a single mm of change makes a difference. But even that doesnt have enough gain...
Saving for a Vypyr Tube.
Quote by Tatsumaru
Cube, vyper, valvetronix

too true
cube cube cube
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
If you're not interested in the Peavey Vypyr I'd say the Roland Cube is your next best bet.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
from what i see from the NEW MGs, they arent terrible. but def look into the peavey vypyrs. from the bands u listed, the crush would be good, but a lot less versatile than a modeling amp, and when ur first starting out, versatility is key, because who knows how ur tastes will change at first.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
What a letdown. After such a melodramatic thread title, I was expecting something more profound than "What practice amp should I get".
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
when ur first starting out, versatility is key, because who knows how ur tastes will change at first.

This is very true.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by leddeath80
ok heres the go

Desperate for help please answer

please, dont lose any sleep over this...you're gonna get through it!

play them, decide which you like best, and buy it. dont get an mg or spider.

by the thread title, i thought you might have been seriously in trouble and needing help badly
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
i had the MG... but it sucked and i'm selling it soon. i've heard good things with the cube so i'd get that or the vox. just because it's a vox.
Not a fan of the Roland. Not for me. Pick this over spider and MG though.

The MG's distortion sucks. No MG.

The Spider 1 Have no clue.

I've heard good stuff about orange amps too. But never tried one.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Quote by Commodor 64
What a letdown. After such a melodramatic thread title, I was expecting something more profound than "What practice amp should I get".

this.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Tatsumaru
Cube, vyper, valvetronix

/thread, /thread, and /thread.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Get a Peavey Vypyr amp.
Last edited by dsan224 at Oct 13, 2009,
i ended up getting the cube although i would have prefered the valvetronix but it too expensive in australia
i use a line 6 spider 4 as a practice amp. cost 100 bucks, not bad for a practice amp.

i hate line 6 myself, but the little 15 watt spider is a decent practice amp if that's all you are looking for
keep writing. keep dreaming.

keep the notes coming...

ibanez ftw
I dont know about you guys but I cant stand practice amps....I like playing with my headphone on...thats better for me..
OK. Cubes are decent.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Get a Peavey Vypyr. Been said a bunch in this thread, I'm saying it again for emphasis. Best, most versatile solid state starter/practice out there.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X