can anyone tell me if these are good amps?
i want 2 get one and i just wanna know if its a good upgrade from a roland cube 30w
and how good would you say they are?
i like playing blues, classic rock like hendrix, and alittle distorted stuff kinda like nirvana

ty
Excellent amps for the price as they can do so much, and as far as a step up - yes. The modelling on the Flextone is better than the Cube, and the amp is also more user and gig friendly as you can buy the FBV footswitch, rather than having to change settings by hand etc... It will suit your styles perfectly. Everyone is going to tell you to get a tube amp, and that includes me, but the Flextone is by no means a bad choice, nor an amp that many people regret buying.

Depending on what you want to use the amp for, there are some other options available - budget depending of course. Also, you don't need an uber-versatile modeller to go from Hendrix to Nirvana, both can be played on one single non-modellling amp.
Quote by greggybhoy
Excellent amps for the price as they can do so much, and as far as a step up - yes. The modelling on the Flextone is better than the Cube, and the amp is also more user and gig friendly as you can buy the FBV footswitch, rather than having to change settings by hand etc... It will suit your styles perfectly. Everyone is going to tell you to get a tube amp, and that includes me, but the Flextone is by no means a bad choice, nor an amp that many people regret buying.

Depending on what you want to use the amp for, there are some other options available - budget depending of course. Also, you don't need an uber-versatile modeller to go from Hendrix to Nirvana, both can be played on one single non-modellling amp.

thank you for all that help.
i have a few more questions i forgot to add

i'm not exactly fond of amps you know? i kinda like purchasings guitars and pedals more so i was wondering what level of player would use this amp? i wanna find one i dont need to upgrade for awhile. i've been playing alittle over a year so i'm not that good at guitar but good for my level i have been told
you could also try out the peavey vypyr or peavey classic thirty. the classic thirty is all tube and can easily cover what you want to play and the vypyr is a hybrid amp solid states AND tubes. Try them all out together if you can, so you can compare them together. i highly recommend the classic thirty.

also on the original subject yes that is a good amp for the price.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
I would say that with the Flextone III you'll be pretty fine for a good while... and when you buy another amp will be because you wanted not because you needed. If you buy it, do it with the FBV Shortboard.

Besides to check on the Peavey ones is also a good option.
Classic 30 kicks. I have a Flextone, and love it, but I find it to be a little brittle at higher volumes in the highs.

Do I regret buying it? No. Do I still want another amp? Yes. But that never goes away...
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I have demos up on my profile of some of the models if you want to take a listen.

"Somebody Get Me A Doctor": SLO 100, believe it's the 1960A cab model, GH12s

"Original 1": '68 Jumped Plexi, 1960A cab model, GH12s

"br00talz": Triple Rec, no cab model.

The other two are the Plexi, one boosted with a BBE Boosta Grande. Amp responds great to overdrives, which is odd for a solid state.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
I have demos up on my profile of some of the models if you want to take a listen.

"Somebody Get Me A Doctor": SLO 100, believe it's the 1960A cab model, GH12s

"Original 1": '68 Jumped Plexi, 1960A cab model, GH12s

"br00talz": Triple Rec, no cab model.

The other two are the Plexi, one boosted with a BBE Boosta Grande. Amp responds great to overdrives, which is odd for a solid state.

Very nice clips. I'm probably getting the Flextone sometime around December.

Flextone's respond well to ODs?!
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Yeah. I'll toss up a clip later tonight after I get my mic back from my other guitarist if you want, to show how they do.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
Yeah. I'll toss up a clip later tonight after I get my mic back from my other guitarist if you want, to show how they do.

That would be nice .
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp