Recently i have decided to start thinking of buying a new guitar. at the moment i currently have a vintage v6.

i am in to metal like Trivium, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Bullet etc.

i have been looking at a few - Dean MKH and a few schecters and esp's

im not too bothered about how expensive it is, but preferably not over £1000

i was thinking of getting a V style, but i often sit down and apparently these are really awkward any suggestions?
Ltd M1000
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
Gibson Explorer. Way easier to play sitting down than a V, unless you play the classical way.
1 Look at www.tcellisguitars.com and consider the standard styles
2 Talk to Tim Ellis about him building you a custom
3 Buy British
Here's a demo a friend of mine did of his new semi-hollow Mantis with JB/59 pups in. He says it plays like a top PRS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNVdj-StWC0&feature=player_embedded
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by --madden--
Recently i have decided to start thinking of buying a new guitar. at the moment i currently have a vintage v6.

i am in to metal like Trivium, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Bullet etc.

i have been looking at a few - Dean MKH and a few schecters and esp's

im not too bothered about how expensive it is, but preferably not over £1000

i was thinking of getting a V style, but i often sit down and apparently these are really awkward any suggestions?

Umm do you want it to have a floyd rose or not?

Anyway I'm not sure if both these come under your budget but I assume they do anyway look at the LTD V-401DX model or the LTD V-401. Both are V's but I have no trouble with playing them while sitting down in the classical position, they do get a bit of time to get used to but nothing that should stop you from buying the guitar of course.
i wasn't really thinking bout floyd rose or anythng. so im not really bothered either way

i was looking at jackson rhoads tho what do ya think?

and i have looked at those esp's yu guys have mentioned, all great, but not too keen on the explorer style shape that much as my mates got one. my fav at the min is tht LTD- 401DX model that azn_guitarist stated
They make the same guitar in a V shape. I couldnt find it on musicansfriend so I didnt so I couldnt put a link up sorry. But Im not a huge fan of Jacksons. Mostly because of the rosewood they use, but thats just me.
i was lookin today on the esp website at sum alexi signatures.... anyone got one of these and ae they ne good. i found one on gak for 700 quid? alexi-600?

and also does anybody have a dean mkh, if so are they anygood?
If you are not into Floyd Roses' then I'd suggest the ESP LTD EC 1000

But If you want a floyd I'd gofor an Ibanez Prestige.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS