Yeah I know...there seems to be thousands of these threads...but I have ALWAYS wanted one...and the problem is I have no idea where to start. I looked at Warmoth and also Ed Roman sells kits but I'm still not sure where to start. I need help!!!!
You'd need a strat body (routed for all singlecoils) and a strat neck (maple fretboard) as a basic starting point
(the neck doesn't have to be a strat depending on what era you're after.)
Everything depends on whether you want to do a serious replica, or you just want a guitar that has a similar look, but is catered to your own tastes.

If you want to do a real replica, you've gotta start with a standard strat body and modify it to match EVH's. (Or you can buy a custom routed body from Divebomb, KNE, Musikraft and jump straight to it).

You've got the nonfunctioning single coil and selector switch, the custom cut pickguard, the "tone" knob, the 1971 quarter, the reflectors..all sorts of details to consider if you're going that route as well.

What is your budget? If you have a little to spend, you can get a replica body from one of the above mentioned dealers, and a neck from Musikraft that is made to the exact specs for a replica. You can buy relic'd parts from Divebomb Inc. like the switch and neck pickup, you can buy a relic'd pickup straight from Seymour Duncan.

The hardest part will be taping for the paintjob, and for that nothing beats lots of pictures, patience, and a good careful eye. The good news is that cheap spray cans are the best way to stay true to the original.

I just built one a while back, not 100% accurate, but pretty close.

Last edited by Metalhead_28 at Oct 13, 2009,
if you really wanna get exat he also dipped the pickup in parafin wax too, but id be too scared to do that to a brand new pickup,but he took it out of a les paul
Quote by itsjimmy2times
if you really wanna get exat he also dipped the pickup in parafin wax too, but id be too scared to do that to a brand new pickup,but he took it out of a les paul

im pretty sure it was an ES-335.