Hey guys

Been looking at amps again and the blackstar HT5 came up

I was just wondering, being a low wattage tube amp how loud would it be compared to a solid state 50 watt?

also, if i buy this amp, would it be worth buying a decent multi fx unit to go with it so i can get a range of tones (i.e. the Line 6 Floor Pod Plus)

cheers guys
it's supposed to be very loud for a 5watt amp, you can gig with it but it would need to be hooked up to a pa, a good multifx pedal would be a good idea.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I played it last night. It is very loud. Can't speak to Pod.

lol *** do u mean cant speak to POD

yes i am a noob lawl
It is loud but not as loud as my old Peavey Backstage 50 (50Watt Solid State)
Ibanez RG1570 (06) LTD Truckster (07) Fender USA Standard Strat (97) Blackstar HT5s ,TC Polytune, SHO Clone, Russian Muff pi, EHX Small Clone, MXR Carbon Copy, Marshall Reflector, MXR 10 Band EQ
The wattage between the different amps are rated somewhat differently, which is based on how far they can push the amp before it gives out soft clipping.

For example, a 5 watt Blackstar may have a different level of volume compared to a Marshall. The Blackstar might clip at 5, whereas the Marshall might clip at 7. Though both are 5 watts, the Blackstar will probably have more power available to put out more volume compared to the Marshall in this case.

Its even more difficult to compare it against a solid state.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Oct 13, 2009,
50 watts is roughly twice as aloud as 5. But wattage is power not volume. Its based on when the amp breaks up. So it will get loud not as loud as a 50 watt but maybe a 20 watt solid state amp. But it won't stay clean.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
You'd be surprised how hard it is to make the HT-5 break up on the clean channel. You've really gotta dig in with the pick.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I played it last night. It is very loud. Can't speak to Pod.

What did you think of it?
Im thinkin a Blackstar HT5 wit a Floor POD Plus...

is the floor plus POD any good?

and will it sound like a spider (as said before, i am a noob lol)

cheers guys
Why do you want a tube amp to run a Multi-FX through it?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
i dont liek multi effects units, i say buy a few individual pedals that you knmow you will like instead, most peopel with multi effects units dont use 90% of the crap thats on them. a tube amp you shoudl get a good overdrive pedal first such as a tubescreamer and a good eq to put in the effects loop so you can tweak it and get the sound you want out of your amp.
as for the ht-5 its a great amp but not loud enough for a gig situation unless you mic it through the p.a.
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Last edited by Harvesterofsrrw at Oct 14, 2009,
Seeing as Im more of a bedroom player

would I be better off gettin a Flextone instead...?
would a vox ad50vt count as a ss amp volume wise compared to a full ss amp of the same wattage???
if you have the budget for a flextone and your just a bedroom player, id say go for that you wouldn't need much more and you'd have a good sounding amp. The HT-5 is a great amp but it has no fx, if thats what you want.
I wouldn't run a multi fx unit because i personally think they are nonsense, but the flextone is a good amp.
There should be some kind of footswitch for the Flextone to switch between FX and presets dynamically.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz