Hey, I need help choosing new pickups. I currently play a yamaha RGZ-312 through a carlsbro 90 amp. I play classic rock, hard rock, metal, black metal, I also play some clean stuff (like opeth's) so i need pickups that can cater for both.

Would it be possible to mix pickups like a clean pup and a high output pickup.

The guitar has a H-S-H configuration.

Thanks

Guitars:
Fender American Standard Strat 2009 Limited Edition
Ibanez Gak30

Amps
Jcm 800 2203 '82

Pedals:
John bull jr overdrive
Boss Equalizer GE-7
Boss TU-3
Boss CH1

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/hereliesnuggetband
Quote by sean1784
Hey, I need help choosing new pickups. I currently play a yamaha RGZ-312 through a carlsbro 90 amp. I play classic rock, hard rock, metal, black metal, I also play some clean stuff (like opeth's) so i need pickups that can cater for both.

Would it be possible to mix pickups like a clean pup and a high output pickup.

The guitar has a H-S-H configuration.

Thanks

Yes you can.

Try...
DiMarzio Norton / Air Norton for the Neck (these are moderate output pups)
DiMarzio Super 3 / Distortion / Evo2 / D Sonic for the bridge (these are high output pups)

After you have installed the pups, use your screwdriver to adjust the height of the pups to equalise the pups. Remember that, in most cases, your neck pickups will probably sound slighly louder than your bridge pickups.

In your case, mixing high and moderate output pups may result in very little height differences between the pups to equalise the volume output.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by sean1784
I currently play a yamaha RGZ-312 through a carlsbro 90 amp.

Isn't that a Bass amp? If it is then I, as a pickup maker, I suggest you spend the money on an amp designed for guitar. A good HSH set of pickups is going to cost you more than $200 and for that kind of money you can find a reasonable practice amp that will help your tone much more than new pickups.
Not taking any online orders.
Isn't that a Bass amp? QUOTE]

No they did a series of them which consisted of a bass amp, a guitar amp, keyboard amp, and acoustic amp.

I have the guitar one which is 90watts hence the name.

(Y)

Guitars:
Fender American Standard Strat 2009 Limited Edition
Ibanez Gak30

Amps
Jcm 800 2203 '82

Pedals:
John bull jr overdrive
Boss Equalizer GE-7
Boss TU-3
Boss CH1

My Band