Moving Swiftly on...

Myself and 2 friends are planning a busking tour for our mid term break. Me and one friend playing guitar, the other singing. I just got a new Fender Stratacoustic so I'm ready to go, but I was wondering, does the Pit have an tips for me?

We're planning on first starting in our own city, the travelling by bus to Galway, which is over halfway up the country(4 hour busride). Then, we're gonna take another bus to Dublin, the capital, which is almost directly opposite Galway, on the east coast of Ireland.
For accomadation I was thinking either B&Bs or bringing a tent and staying at a campground, because that would keep the cost down.
I should also mention that our singer is a girl... would that be awkward in a tent?
Have any of you done anything like this, or do u have any advice from touring in general?
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Umm you should go to as many street festivals as you can, like the Edinburgh festival...but that was in August but you get the idea.

Best of luck man
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by KirkMetallica
Moving Swiftly on...

I should also mention that our singer is a girl... would that be awkward in a tent?

i dont know what you said as i skimmed over it and found this sentence.
you know what to do.
"utilize"
Quote by levi.lydat
i dont know what you said as i skimmed over it and found this sentence.
you know what to do.
"utilize"

Bertolt Bretcht

Ew, Stratacoustics are so ugly...
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I'd love to do that, but I know noone who has the balls/skill to do it with me

Also Cork to Galway to Dublin?
You're going a bit far for only 3 places! **** from Dublin it's usually a 4-5 hour drive to cork, and that's without any stops at other places, to be traveling by bus and stopping it'll be a bit much.
I'd say if you go that far, make it more worthwhile with other stops along the way.

Also I hear you can make loads of cash busking in Cork?
A guy I met the first time I went suggested I take a saturday busking and I'd make a load of cash.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I'd love to do that, but I know noone who has the balls/skill to do it with me

Also Cork to Galway to Dublin?
You're going a bit far for only 3 places! **** from Dublin it's usually a 4-5 hour drive to cork, and that's without any stops at other places, to be traveling by bus and stopping it'll be a bit much.
I'd say if you go that far, make it more worthwhile with other stops along the way.

Also I hear you can make loads of cash busking in Cork?
A guy I met the first time I went suggested I take a saturday busking and I'd make a load of cash.

Yeah, the 2 people im going with skipped school one day and made €45 in an hour
The bus is straight from Cork to Galway, and it'll be short because I took a bus from Cork to Dublin in August for a Metallica gig and it took 4 hours. some other stops would be cool alright!
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by Spoony_Bard
Ew, Stratacoustics are so ugly...

Yeah, except that they're not.

Anyways, TS, I suggest you get yourselves a "band" name, and totally sell T-Shirts.

Not sure if anyone would buy them, but that's totally what I'd do.
Quote by crazy8rgood
Yeah, except that they're not.

Anyways, TS, I suggest you get yourselves a "band" name, and totally sell T-Shirts.

Not sure if anyone would buy them, but that's totally what I'd do.

Nice
Buy a load of like 50 cent a dozen shirts and write

WHEREVER WE MAY BUSK TOUR '09!

with a sharpie
Bertolt Bretcht

First of all, you might want to consider returning the Stratacoustic. They sound like crap, which is not something you want when touring.
Quote by i_don't_know
First of all, you might want to consider returning the Stratacoustic. They sound like crap, which is not something you want when touring.

i mainly play metal, and i just wanted something cheap and easy to play for when i dont have a massive amp with me. This tour is just for a laugh really, i dont intend making a living off of busking. Plus i think it sounds nicer than alot of my friend's acoustics.
Bertolt Bretcht