Looking at an ebay item which will end soon. It's for an epiphone les paul plus top vintage sunburst.

I've wanted a les paul for a while to play metal, hard rock and blues. I looked at the vintage v100 as I didn't want to spend too much. I've heard that the low-range epiphone les paul's are of poor quality.

My question is...

Is this guitar worth it for say £200 new (on ebay) or should I look at the vintage? I havn't played either but I don't know if I'll get a price like this again on ebay.

I'm sure they go for £400 new.

Quick replies please; it ends very soon!

EDIT: Ok so I let that guitar pass by. I'm now looking at a vintage v100 Icon (reliced version of the v100). May I ask your opinion on this guitar as I still havn't got round to trying one out and this particular one is on ebay.
Last edited by mikey_360 at Oct 19, 2009,
I understand the Vintage v100 has a good reputation how about the plus-top Epiphone? Is it just the standard with a maple veneer?

Looks wise I perfer the wood grain over the non-wood grain vintage guitars.
i would try and get an epiphone les paul custom ex, but they are £400 new so you would have to look used
no.
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Ok so I let it go.

Seems I can get the custom for not much more. Either way I decided it would be best to play one first.

Anyone played a Epiphone Les Paul Custom and if so what do you think about it.

I'm finding these epiphone quite cheap on ebay from reputable sellers. What are the easiest ways of seeing if it's fake or not. I know with gibson that the truss rod cover has only 2 screws etc. but I don't know about the epiphones.
the pickups have epiphone stamped on them, they should have grover tuners, it is realy hard to tell if it's fake or not mostly it is all down to the way it feels. maybe posting a link might enable us to see if it's a fake or not
Bump!
I've just edited the thread because I thought the subject was too similar to make a new one.

Scroll up for the edit.
Quote by Baby Joel
The Vintage V100 is a pretty decent guitar, nothing wrong with it.

The model I'm looking at is the v100 ICON. Just wondered if it was the same spec as the v100 but reliced or what.
Also how much would you expect to pay for a good condition one? (£175?)