I know that nitrocellouse lacquer is one of my options for finishing the guitar.

But I'm in Ireland, and I can't find any of the stuff in a colour on eBay or Amazon, and the few websites I have found, such as www.manchesterguitartech.com, and StewMac, won't ship the lacquer to Ireland.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Is there an alternative to nitrocellouse lacquer, or does anyone know of a site or place I'd be able to pick some up? Or can I just walk into a good hardware store and buy some?

I'm looking for a Wine/Cherry/Dark Red. Basically its pretty near the colour of 's face.

It needs to be in an aerosol can, as I don't have spraying equipment.

Thanks
"It'd take a hell of a lot of Pokemon to feed a million starving children."
Last edited by McCarthySFC at Oct 13, 2009,
Do you want a solid finish or a trans finish, where you can see the wood underneath?
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
I would like a solid finish.
"It'd take a hell of a lot of Pokemon to feed a million starving children."
Quote by McCarthySFC
I would like a solid finish.

Well Nitro lacquer is pants really, unless you are doing a touch up or refinish on something that would have used it (old).

Sooo....you want to prime the guitar, then add your colour, then add clear.
Are you the type who is actually interested in doing a proper job, or do you just want it a different colour and can't be arsed to do it right?

I can help with the first...I won't help with the second, any further than what I have already said.

Just to qualify my expertise

Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Oct 14, 2009,
SPRAY PAINT WILL WORK!!!!!!!!! and just get a few cans of lacquer for clear finish!
I Just painted my guitar Krylon Cherry Red. Worked fine, just be careful of drips and the orange peel was a bit of a bitch but nothing a bit of whet sanding couldn't fix.

Normal spray paint will work , just take your time, 20 thin coats beats the **** out of 1 super thick one.