Hi,
I've been recently considering whether to buy the MXR MC402 Custom Boost Overdrive Guitar Pedal which incorporates a boost and overdrive into the same pedal.
I'm thinking of getting this to replace my MXR Distortion III and MXR 6 Band EQ pedal I currently have as I think it will save a bit of pedal board space and maybe just make life a bit simpler!

What do you guys reckon about this move, do you think I should stick with what I've got or will the MXR MC402 Custom Boost Overdrive Guitar Pedal give me a better quality sound or the same sound?

Thanks
Used to own it. The boost is real good, real transparent and clean. The OD is a little harsh, which can be good or back depending on what you want. I say go for it, its a good deal, even though i d still keep the EQ pedal after buying it.
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
I thought I could use the boost on the MXR MC402 Custom Boost Overdrive Guitar Pedal instead of the EQ as I use the EQ only to boost solos.
So would you recommend me replacing my MXR Distortion III with the MXR MC402 Custom Boost Overdrive Guitar Pedal?
Thanks.
I'm not fond of it.

Lots of pedals out there that have a great OD and boost in one pedal, why not check them out side by side, see what you think?

Zvex Box of Rock, Fulltone Full-drive 2, Visual Sound Double trouble (really two ods, but can work the same way), Trex Moller, etc.