So, this week I got all sorts of new gear, and I thought I'd make a catch-all thread to cover it.

First up: A Gretsch Synchromatic G-100. I tried a lot of archtops and this one was my favorite. It sounds very 'big' for an archtop, especially in the middle register which makes it really nice for jazzy playing.

Next, a pair of pedals:
Lovepdal Cot50 and a TRex Tonebug Reverb. The COT has that nice solid marshall feel to it and cleans up quite well with the volume knob; the reverb is lovely, though not as subtle as I had imagined (hence the settings).

Lastly, a set of Wolfetone pickups. They're Marshallheads with an alnico II magnet in the neck. I love these pickups, they're super percussive and warm. Plus they look sexy.

Weird high-contrast shot:

looks awesome colin!

PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Nice HNG/P/PD

End of my message
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
That archtop is too hot for TV.

HNGW.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Nice Work! And your right, those pick ups do look sexy in your LP.

HNGW
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Clips of the wolfetones might show up soon, though I don't have a mic so there won't be any archtop clips until I can get a pickup for it.

I'm glad people like how the archtop looks, I was planning all along on getting a natural or a burst finish one but this one sounded best. I wasn't so sure about the looks for the first day or two but it's been growing on me.
that archtop looks great.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by TheQuailman
I like the natural finish on archtops best

i second this
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
That Les Paul looks gorgeous. Pretty damn spectacular.

The Tonebug is the coolest looking (and sounding) reverb in a solid price range. But it's a shame I can't find Lovepedal here in Europe.

Congratulations. Wonderful setup you have there.
Very nice.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
badass. what's the lovepedal? clean boost?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
SWEET!!!!................I ordered a tonebug today Please tell me you like it or Don't reply Congratz Thats a beautiful family your rasing!!
Quote by Dave_Mc
badass. what's the lovepedal? clean boost?

Does it hug you when you feel down? Whisper gently in your ear to get you hard?

In any case, very nice pictures and even better gear! HNGD Colin, I'll be looking forward to those clips

WTLTL 2011
I really like the tonebug, the hall reverb is really awesome. You'll want a power supply with it though, it'll drain a battery in an hour.
Dave, the COT50 is a light-medium OD.
oh ok, thanks. only one knob? kinda weird... I assume it affects the amount of clipping as well as the volume?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That is really awesome gear I must say! :Cheers:

Though I knew about the Wolfetones already...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
LP and the archtop look SICK!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Dave, it's a sort of master volume I guess. It's a strange way of controlling it but the gain doesn't change too drastically over the sweep of the knob so it works fine.

The bridge on the LP is a wilkinson roller bridge, the tailpiece is a TP-6 fine tuning unit.
so i guess it works a bit like a non-master volume amp? Or is that the opposite of what you're saying?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It works exactly like a non-MV amp, with the knob all the way down it's clean, no boost, and as you turn up it gets louder and slightly more overdriven.
Here's a closer picture of the bridge/tailpiece in case anybody cares:
thanks, i got you now
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Roc8995
I really like the tonebug, the hall reverb is really awesome. You'll want a power supply with it though, it'll drain a battery in an hour.
Dave, the COT50 is a light-medium OD.

Cool........ I'm glad to hear that i've got a plug waiting on it!!
great stuff you got there woot! i'm jealous.

Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Everything looks damn good man. I'm sure it sounds even better.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Dude, HNGD!!!

Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
It's good - having played it for a little while longer, it's a pedal best left on at all times, since it does introduce a sizable volume boost. It is incredibly responsive to the volume knob though, so I think that in playing rock styles it's excellent. I've not had such good luck with it for rhythm playing since it will introduce OD into a clean sound when strumming, which I don't like. As a lead pedal though, it sounds like a million bucks.
sweet, sounds nice.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?