Page 1 of 2
Nirvana- Smells Like Teen Spirit

Link

Skip to the solo for when it gets really bad. Krist's bass cuts out (or maybe he just ***** up), Kurt's solo sucks, and Dave screws up when they go back into the verse.
Look up any song from the chilis in 1991 or 1992
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
That's because Nirvana sucks.

And by that I don't mean the music they write is bad, but rather that they aren't that great at their instruments. Dave's rightful place is on the mic and guitar.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by Venice King
Look up any song from the chilis in late 1992 or 1993

Fixed
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
the nirvana one doesnt sound bad at all
Gear
Fender MIM strat
Epiphone G-400 in white (yeah i know, fuck you i like it)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff
Danelectro Cool Cat Distortion
EHX Nano Small Stone
Boss DD-3 Delay
Vox V847-A Wah
Radial London Bones
I just went to jacks 4th show(great show). eddie money(i dont like him really) was playing and during the only good song (2 tickets to paradise) his mike was off till the last 10 seconds. He also had horrible stage presence and was completely outta shape.

hilarious actually

all the other bands were amazing, like they were in their prime
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Congratulations, like many other people, you have seen that Nirvana really is a bad band.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Fall Out Boy. I saw them live, I don't even know if you can classify them professional. They made my ears bleed.
Quote by Venice King
Look up any song from the chilis in 1991 or 1992

are you referring to when john goes mad and changes under the bridge without informing the rest and other songs or jus their performances in general
Quote by food1010
And by that I don't mean the music they write is bad, but rather that they aren't that great at their instruments. Dave's rightful place is on the mic and guitar.
I remember getting rather pissed when I couldn't smoothly play the bassline to Lounge Act, and get it to sound the same as on the album. Then I saw a live recording of it..... I play it better than Krist does!
i love how the title of the youtube video is Nirvana-Come As You Are best version
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by EmilyTStrange
Fall Out Boy. I saw them live, I don't even know if you can classify them professional. They made my ears bleed.

They were good when I saw them. I kind of had the bandwagoned-hate for them going into that concert, and was just there to see Blink-182, but I actually have respect for them now; they put on a great show.
Anything by Blink-182. My friend took me to see them and they didnt hit a single note on the vocals, the harmonies clashed, the guitar was horrible, and the bass inaudible. The only mildly good thing was Travis on the drums.
Quote by Mr. Slave
Kurt intentionally played badly sometimes.

That makes sense.

Funny thing is, he's messed up enough to do that. That's why I don't like them.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by food1010
Dave's rightful place is on the mic and guitar.

Wrong. Dave Grohl when playing with QOTSA on songs for the deaf was absolutely awesome
Quote by hobson111
are you referring to when john goes mad and changes under the bridge without informing the rest and other songs or jus their performances in general

Just in general. But I think you meant the SNL one.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
It was Nirvana's first time on television, cut em some slack.
But that solo was whack. Aha.
Quote by glosoli
Wrong. Dave Grohl when playing with QOTSA on songs for the deaf was absolutely awesome
I'm not trashing him as a drummer. I was mostly saying that I really like the Foo Fighters
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by Venice King
Just in general. But I think you meant the SNL one.

yeah i did, ima have to look these performances up
Quote by sk8nalmost1394
Anything by Blink-182. My friend took me to see them and they didnt hit a single note on the vocals, the harmonies clashed, the guitar was horrible, and the bass inaudible. The only mildly good thing was Travis on the drums.

They were great when I saw them, except it all kind of turned into a blur after Travis did his flying drum solo, because they were trying to hard to keep a high-tempo, IMO. When did you see them?
I was at a Motion City Soundtrack concert and Justin Pierre forgot the lyrics to the second verse of "Better Open The Door." It took him five tries to come in at the right time and with the right lyrics when they were started the verse over. That was OK though, I kind of liked to see that they were human (and not lip-synced) as well, and he improvised stupid lyrics a few times, which was funny.
Quote by the agony scene
lol i thought u were just hating on the band
but jesus christ thats terrible

yeah, dont get me wrong.
i love at the drive in
Gear
Fender MIM strat
Epiphone G-400 in white (yeah i know, fuck you i like it)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff
Danelectro Cool Cat Distortion
EHX Nano Small Stone
Boss DD-3 Delay
Vox V847-A Wah
Radial London Bones
i saw the Mars Volta open for RHCP 3 or 4 years ago. their set was terrible, and even im into pretty bizarre music at times, i could not appreciate it, maybe i needed some stronger weed or acid or somthing to understand it. anyway, they got booed off after three songs and someone threw a bottle of urine at them.
Quote by herby190

They were great when I saw them, except it all kind of turned into a blur after Travis did his flying drum solo, because they were trying to hard to keep a high-tempo, IMO. When did you see them?

He probably saw them back in the day. When they used to just rehearse each song once then go out and tour hahaha.
Originally Posted by herby190

A little over a week ago.
Quote by sk8nalmost1394
A little over a week ago.

hahaha nevermind. I saw them this summer too and thought they sounded fine. Tom just messed up on the intro to going away to college. But really that made it a better Blink show if you get what I'm saying.
Quote by Gargantuan

and how could I forget,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE2jmZq-eck

skip to the solo

I like/love all of the singers on that, but they were all absolutely awful. Dave's solo was pretty dreadful too.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
Last edited by zakky_s at Oct 13, 2009,
Page 1 of 2