Just wondering what's the best order to put the following effects in?

Wah
Overdrive
Phaser
Delay

Thanks
Well,you just did it
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
Well,you just did it

............I just put them randomly............... would that really be the best order? Could you tell me why?
Generally speaking, the convention is to put wah pedals in front of distortion pedals because that's the traditional wah pedal sound apparently. Modulation effects always go after distortion effects if you want them to sound normal. And delays always go towards the end, because usually you want to repeat the wah/overdrive/phaser signal, not the other way around.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by Metro Gnome
............I just put them randomly............... would that really be the best order? Could you tell me why?

Thats not the "best order", it's just the most conventional one, but some people put their overdrive before their wah, Jonnhy Greenwood has a delay in front of his whammy etc. The order you put is pretty basic, so start with that, and if you feel like it experiment!
that would arguably be the best (EDIT: by that I mean most conventional, as stated in the above post) order. I've heard some people and websites suggesting putting phasers at the very front.

With those few pedals, though, it'd really be worth trying them in every different possible order (there are only, what, 12 different possibilities? Or maybe my maths are shot ), just in case a weird order gives you a sound you like...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you really want to have fun, put the wah after the delay, or try the phaser in front of the overdrive with just a small touch of gain. Or self-oscillate the delay into the wah, that's always a winner.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Hmm ok. So just to be sure, were talking Guitar--->Wah->OD->Phaser->Delay--->Amp , Correct? Just making sure it's not the opther way around
try the other way around
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by Dave_Mc
that would arguably be the best (EDIT: by that I mean most conventional, as stated in the above post) order. I've heard some people and websites suggesting putting phasers at the very front.

With those few pedals, though, it'd really be worth trying them in every different possible order (there are only, what, 12 different possibilities? Or maybe my maths are shot ), just in case a weird order gives you a sound you like...

I'm one of those people, as long as the phaser mixes a dry with a wet signal. IMO, it sounds awesome that way.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I prefer putting the phaser on last, giving the entire sound the same modulation.

Phaser before delay, especially with a large number of repeats, causes the phase sound to sort of get lost as the delay keeps repeating the same "segment" of phase over and over.

Putting phaser last is as close as you can get to putting in an FX without an FX loop, if that makes sense...