Flirts are okay.
55 43%
Flirts are not okay.
36 28%
I don't give a sh.it, MAKE OUT!
37 29%
Voters: 128.
Page 1 of 2
…by which I mean faking a personality, just for the make-outs.

LOW FLIRTING. GOING OUT AND FAKING YOURSELF TO A WOMAN.

Is it okay with you, or should people ALWAYS be the same with everyone?

I believe that flirting and faking is low. Also, when you manage a relationship that started with flirts, will probably end up screwed.
Last edited by Fiire at Oct 13, 2009,
People are false then. Displays of different aspects of personality is completely variable with social context.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Last edited by Venice King at Oct 13, 2009,
I think you are confused as to what flirting is...

Quote by Venice King
People are false then. Personality is completely variable with social context.

I wouldn't say personality is variable. I know what you mean but I wouldn't say it is the personality that varies. Most people act differently depending on where they are or who they are with but the underlying personality is the same.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Oct 13, 2009,
TS, You can flirt and be yourself. You just don't know how to so you pretend to be someone else.

Flirting is fine and dandy. It makes the chika's know I'm interested in plowing them.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
ITT: TS doesn't understand flirting.

I also have terrible posture. Now what's this thread about?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

wha---

flirting is playfully interacting with a person without indulging true intentions, but hinting that you want sexual interaction, is it not?
Quote by Fiire
I believe that flirting and faking is low. Also, when you manage a relationship that started with flirts, will probably end up screwed.

No pun intended
Flirting? How do?

Since when is flirting faking? I don't fake anything when I flirt. I just tell bad jokes.

...Then again, that would explain a lot.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Flirting is ok
faking your personality is not
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Everyone changes when they're around someone they fancy, no matter how much they deny it. Everyone acts differently in front of their "special someone".
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
I can actually see where TS is coming from, kinda.

When flirting with girls I dont know and I know I wont see them again I often tell them Im gonna buy a boat next summer, or that Im in the Army reserve and will be shipping out to Afghanistan next month. Saying these obscured things often leads to quicker sex, with is what my goal. Then I give them a fake phone number and I never see them again.

Even when Im lying about who I am, I am still myself though. I just lie to enhance myself for the quick nookie. Dont judge me. Lots of guys do it.

Resistance is victory.

Do not sit idly by.
Quote by IDread

I wouldn't say personality is variable. I know what you mean but I wouldn't say it is the personality that varies. Most people act differently depending on where they are or who they are with but the underlying personality is the same.

Yeah I agree. So is this the "bad" personality change or is it something else?
Quote by Fenderhippie69
I can actually see where TS is coming from, kinda.

When flirting with girls I dont know and I know I wont see them again I often tell them Im gonna buy a boat next summer, or that Im in the Army reserve and will be shipping out to Afghanistan next month. Saying these obscured things often leads to quicker sex, with is what my goal. Then I give them a fake phone number and I never see them again.

Even when Im lying about who I am, I am still myself though. I just lie to enhance myself for the quick nookie. Dont judge me. Lots of guys do it.

I'm not even going to sugar coat it...

You and people like you are the reason a lot of girls don't trust guys. You are a horrible person and I am quite frankly ashamed to be the same gender as you.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I'm usually the same with everyone.

If I'm shooting for poon, I'm still the same (I might make a few more jokes than I normally would), but if it's with an established girlfriend, I kinda change over time and become slightly different from my normal self.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by Venice King
People are false then. Personality is completely variable with social context.

I think this says more about how you view yourself than the human condition.

Learning about ourselves is funnnn
Quote by IDread
I think you are confused as to what flirting is...

Yeah you're right - I worded that awfully.

Quote by IDread

You and people like you are the reason a lot of girls don't trust guys. You are a horrible person and I am quite frankly ashamed to be the same gender as you.

+1 That sounds awful.

Quote by GeneralGrim
I think this says more about how you view yourself than the human condition.

Learning about ourselves is funnnn

I'm not just relating it to myself, I can see others do the exact thing so it's not as if it's a gross generalisation. Oh and if you say you act 100% the exact way around different social circles or even people, you are a liar.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Last edited by Venice King at Oct 13, 2009,
I'm a bit confused, hence, I dont give a sh.it
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by Injuyin
Yeah I agree. So is this the "bad" personality change or is it something else?

Its not necessarily bad. I know that when I'm on the phone I speak differently and when I am in the company of different friends I vary the way I talk as well. When I'm with my friends from Cambridge, I lay off on my south London accent and when I'm back in Brixton I speak like a local or even in patois depending on who I'm talking to.
My personality doesn't change but the way I speak and use body language does. Its not bad at all really.
Even if you did change your personality contextually it wouldn't be all bad unless you became a complete dick.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread

ok. thanks for telling me.

I dont feel bad about it because I only do it at parties where the girl who I tell all this to is looking for the same thing as me. Its very obvious right from the start who there is looking for a quick **** and who is just there for a good time with their friends.

Resistance is victory.

Do not sit idly by.
someone's been listening to too much linkin park...
Free at last! Free at last! God Almighty FREE AT LAST!
I Pan-Tallica
Quote by Fenderhippie69
ok. thanks for telling me.

I dont feel bad about it because I only do it at parties where the girl who I tell all this to is looking for the same thing as me. Its very obvious right from the start who there is looking for a quick **** and who is just there for a good time with their friends.

If that much is obvious then why the lies?
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
If that much is obvious then why the lies?

Like I said, It enhances myself. Im the same person as I always am I just lie about my actual life.

Its all part of the game, if I tell her that I spend my free time on a guitar forum on the internet she is going to select someone else for the quick ****. Now if I tell her Im gonna buy a boat soon or Im in the army she thinks Im always doing very adventurous things or i am very brave and girls like that. Its not like I go for the innocent girl who's gonna fall for me after the night is over.

And its not like girls dont play the game either.

Resistance is victory.

Do not sit idly by.
Quote by Fenderhippie69
Like I said, It enhances myself. Im the same person as I always am I just lie about my actual life.

Its all part of the game, if I tell her that I spend my free time on a guitar forum on the internet she is going to select someone else for the quick ****. Now if I tell her Im gonna buy a boat soon or Im in the army she thinks Im always doing very adventurous things or i am very brave and girls like that. Its not like I go for the innocent girl who's gonna fall for me after the night is over.

If your life is so fucked that you have to actually lie to get laid...damn dude. Sucks to be you.
Quote by Fiire
…by which I mean faking a personality
You can't fake personality. Either you have it or you don't.

Faking an identity is an entirely different thing.
But that is in no way, shape, or form equal to flirting.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by blackthought
If your life is so fucked that you have to actually lie to get laid...damn dude. Sucks to be you.

thanks for the uplifting comment.

Resistance is victory.

Do not sit idly by.
They're okay, I guess.

Seriously, I have no idea what I'm supposed to say.
Last edited by joshua122593 at Oct 13, 2009,
Quote by Fenderhippie69

Umm... do you not have any real hobbies besides this you freak?

You don't have to make up stupid bull****, just filter what you want to say around certain people. Talking about bodybuilding, piano, sports, etc. is something I would rather discuss about myself over what my favorite wanking material is. Just because you don't disclose less socially acceptable things to others doesn't make you a liar. Boasting about lies does make you a fake.

To clarify, I am rather different around girls. There's a certain way to act around them that is different than that of around your family or guy friends that is part of the social role of getting into a relationship and/or action. If this is flirting then it isn't low and that sounds like a lame excuse from somebody who can't talk to girls right tbh.
Quote by garden of grey
Umm... do you not have any real hobbies besides this you freak?

You don't have to make up stupid bull****, just filter what you want to say around certain people. Talking about bodybuilding, piano, sports, etc. is something I would rather discuss about myself over what my favorite wanking material is. Just because you don't disclose less socially acceptable things to others doesn't make you a liar. Boasting about lies does make you a fake.

To clarify, I am rather different around girls. There's a certain way to act around them that is different than that of around your family or guy friends that is part of the social role of getting into a relationship and/or action. If this is flirting then it isn't low and that sounds like a lame excuse from somebody who can't talk to girls right tbh.

are you my shrink? no. gtfo with that.

I have my own reasons for doing what i do. I know its not right or moral. so fuck off

Resistance is victory.

Do not sit idly by.
Page 1 of 2