Hey I was wondering if it was possible(and easy) to convert a guitar with a floyd rose (not recessed) into one with a vintage style 2 point trem?

I know that i will have to replace the nut as well, but i found that the fender lsr roller nut has a piece that extends out to cover the entire floyd rose nut spot.

Another question is that will i run into any problems concerning the neck angle? I know one is needed with a floyd rose, but not for a wilkinson tremolo, so will that affect playability, intonation, action?

I dont have any plans to actually do one, i was just wondering if it was possible in case i do want to do it in the future.

thanks
2008 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Schecter C-1+
Squier '51 (blonde with black pickguard)
Fender Super Champ XD
Yes It's is possible. I couldn't go into detail for you, so you should ask someone else.
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat (Undergoing Black strat relic)
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

PSN: Thrasher122
i figured it was easily possible, as there would really be no routing necessary
Schecter C-1+
Fender Super Champ XD
You'd need to fill in the floyd recess cavity (not the back one) as per the projectguitar tutorial, then re-rout it for a vintage style trem. The routing part wouldnt be too hard, just getting the cavity filled would take a bit to do properly. There shouldnt be any problems with neck angle as i believe Wilkinsons float a little bit anyway even without a recess, and if you have a bolt on neck, a shim could fix any problems you may get.
Quote by littlephil
You'd need to fill in the floyd recess cavity (not the back one) as per the projectguitar tutorial, then re-rout it for a vintage style trem. The routing part wouldnt be too hard, just getting the cavity filled would take a bit to do properly. There shouldnt be any problems with neck angle as i believe Wilkinsons float a little bit anyway even without a recess, and if you have a bolt on neck, a shim could fix any problems you may get.

It is a non recessed floyd.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
B-RAD is correct.

since it is a bolt on neck, i can shim it. Also since the headstock isn't angled at all, does that mean i need string trees as well? Its a strat style headstock

and is the wilkinson a direct drop in? same distance between the two posts?
Schecter C-1+
Fender Super Champ XD
Wait, why do you not want the FR anyway?

And no, the wilkinson doesn't have the same spacing as an FR. I'd know, I have a wilkinson.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I was just pondering things and was seeing if that would work
Schecter C-1+
Fender Super Champ XD