Ok i am a rhythm player in my band. My other guitar is broken, and i cant really spend money to fix it cause it will cost too much... I play metal/hardrock and some clean songs..

I need a guitar for around 300-350 and i have no idea what to get. I thought about a schecter omen 6 or a ibanez sa 220..

Can yall please help me.
Name specific bands you wanna emulate?

I'd suggest a Les Paul copy from rondomusic.com.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Well i wanna develop my own tone but i want it to have a good bassy powerful rhythm tone.. like BFMV ... I havea peavey valveking head and a marshall 1960 lead cab which i play through.
The omen 6 is probably one of the better choices if you need a back up. I've owned one in the past and for the money its probably one of the nicest quality guitars you'll find.
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
The factory Schecter ones aren't bad, but the EMG's are always a nice touch, especially if u want a heavier sound. As far as barchords go, they're pretty comfortable to play.

Edit: Keep in mind this is only a recommendation, unless you're in a super bind for time, I say go to your local shop and test drive one. It's really the only way to find out if you really do want it or not.
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
Last edited by job153 at Oct 13, 2009,
$300 guitars suck! $300 used guitars suck less. Just out of curiosity, what's broken on the "other" guitar that will cost more than $300 to fix?