Has anyone read Mein Kampf? I'm thinking about reading it but i figure i would get opinions on it first.
Fight the war, fuck the norm
Now I got no patience
So sick of complacence
With the D the E the F the I the A the N the C the E
Mind of a revolutionary
So clear the lane
...Whoever told you that is your enemy?
I have. Its a scary read to say the least. Probably one of the most disturbing things I've ever read.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I've heard it's hard to read, since it's poorly written. We have a copy in my house.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Not really worth reading. It's incredibly long and boring and you won't really gain a whole lot from it. Hitler has very little of worth to contribute, as you can imagine.
Only read it if you're really really interested in Hitler himself, and even then reading a few biographies would be far more interesting and useful.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
I've heard it's hard to read, since it's poorly written. We have a copy in my house.

Its not badly written at all. Which is another reason it is so scary.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I wrote a 25,000 word essay on him last year.

I would list Mein Kampf as a primary source, but use an online summary of it, that details the main points. Easier, and more time effective.
^ Yeah im doing it cause Hitler facsinates me and im planning on doing something in the field of psychology and i thought it would be pretty sweet to know what he was thinking
Now I got no patience
So sick of complacence
Mind of a revolutionary
So clear the lane
Quote by IDread
Its not badly written at all. Which is another reason it is so scary.

I found it very poorly written. Much of it reads like a rant, he doesn't always explain his ideas very well. Plus the amount of repetition is incredible, the book could easily be about half as short and not lose and significant information. What I've heard from literary critics would indicate the same.
As for content it's almost worthless, Hitler isn't even a reliable source on himself.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by flattoptyce
^ Yeah im doing it cause Hitler facsinates me and im planning on doing something in the field of psychology and i thought it would be pretty sweet to know what he was thinking

His book won't tell you what he was thinking.
There is actually a psychological analysis of Hitler that was compiled during the war by Walter C. Langer.
Bear in mind while reading it that it was complied when psychology was still very young and it's paradigms unrefined. Many of the better theories that we have today did not exist. As a result a lot of it is bull**** from an academic standpoint, but still a very interesting read.
http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/h/hitler-adolf/oss-papers/text/profile-index.html
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
It's one of my favorite comics.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I found it very poorly written. Much of it reads like a rant, he doesn't always explain his ideas very well. Plus the amount of repetition is incredible, the book could easily be about half as short and not lose and significant information. What I've heard from literary critics would indicate the same.
As for content it's almost worthless, Hitler isn't even a reliable source on himself.

I wouldn't say it was poorly written at all. Its certainly not a work of genius but I certainly wouldn't call it poorly written.
As for the information contained within it... Of course Hitler isn't a reliable source on himself. The lies and twistings of the truth are quite clearly intended to mislead the reader and we as modern readers know that. I agree about the repetition as well but again, there was method behind the madness so to speak.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by Ur all $h1t
His book won't tell you what he was thinking.
There is actually a psychological analysis of Hitler that was compiled during the war by Walter C. Langer.
Bear in mind while reading it that it was complied when psychology was still very young and it's paradigms unrefined. Many of the better theories that we have today did not exist. As a result a lot of it is bull**** from an academic standpoint, but still a very interesting read.
http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/h/hitler-adolf/oss-papers/text/profile-index.html

Thanks
Now I got no patience
So sick of complacence
Mind of a revolutionary
So clear the lane
Quote by Ur all $h1t

I agree, i'm reading through a Hitler biography Atm. I much prefer it.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."