so from what you guys have told me, its more than likely my power tubes that need to be changed causing my fuse to blow quickly and often on my 5150 stack. im just wondering if theres anyway to fully check and make sure thats the problem before i spend my hard earned money on some nice new tubes to still have the same problem. thank yas
2nd member of the "Rock and Roll will never die but if it does,
I'm sure as hell going to bring it back
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
**** the pros i do this stuff myself
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
To my knowledge there is no way. There maybe but it would probably be difficult and require a lot of electronics knowledge and electronics tools... probably more expensive than new tubes...

All in all if the tubes dont fix the problem then at least you will have tubes for the next time you need to change tubes, that way you wont need to spend your hard earned money on tubes at that time...
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Then you should know what to check, yes?

Pop a link up for the thread diagnosing what's up, I didn't see it.

How quickly are the fuses popping?
What else besides the fuse is acting up?

I hate to break it to ya, but sometimes a set of tubes gets sacrificed to the altar of diagnostics...
not sure if I'm pointing out the obvious here but... you may want to have it re biased in addition to buying the new tubes or you will likely have a more severe problem. If this is info u r aware of then... sorry... just trying to help.
yea ****it i guess your right haha, ill order em right now. any suggestion for an original 5150 combo? i know i said stack earlier but i meant combo hahah.
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
ok well my tubes will break usually the first time i play it after i change it if not i wont play it long and itll be the second time, ill hear some crackling sometimes and turn on the standby before it blows, but its inevitable that itll start crackling and blow the fuse. it seems to me thats the only thing going wrong
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
Quote by super_dude101
ok well my tubes <<<do you mean fuse?

will break usually the first time i play it after i change it if not i wont play it long and itll be the second time, ill hear some crackling sometimes and turn on the standby before it blows, but its inevitable that itll start crackling and blow the fuse. it seems to me thats the only thing going wrong

IIRC, the 5150 combo has 2 6L6gc, the head has 4 6L6gc.

I like JJ and =C= in general, though I've never played about with tube swapping on these.
Every amp is different, just start with high quality and ASK!

The guys at Eurotubes will certainly have good advice for you.

As far as re-biasing, I would have it done, but the 5150 is "supposedly" fixed at a relatively "cold" setting, so any matched set should be ok, but just "ok".

If nothing else, just pop them in to see if that solves the problem.

Are any tubes "redplating" or glowing brightly?
Is one brighter than the other?
ya definatly, the one on the left is glowing brightly red. im planning on ordering new tubes as soon as possible, and u said that any mathced set would be ok, but would do you recomend to sound really really good, and not marshall like, more colder if anything. you sound like you know about it so ill trust your word hahaha
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!