Page 1 of 3
Well, just recently my local cemetery was destroyed by a bunch of people. It is sad..

Video

In the early hours of Saturday morning 3 October 2009, vandals attacked the old and historic Armidale cemetery. In a spree that must have lasted for some time, they inflicted damage estimated at $A400,000. This is just the monetary cost.

More
a little lost.....
Last edited by Davo Ownz at Oct 14, 2009,

These Vandals? Damn Theodoric The Great. But don't worry, Emperor Justainian I will take care of it.

****. I didn't read the part about your dad. I'm sorry, mate.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Last edited by Weeping_Demon7 at Oct 13, 2009,
But alas, the hearts of the vandals were colder than the cemetary residents. *single glistening tear in eye*

Once I cut the head of the statue of my town's founder.

How's that for badass?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Buncha wankers.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I can hardly fathom the idiocy that would motivate someone to do something so disrespectful and insensitive. Remember that it's not personal, and your dad's memory is your own and nothing can change that.
Last edited by Le_Bunny at Oct 13, 2009,
Quote by element4433
Once I cut the head of the statue of my town's founder.

How's that for badass?

simpsons did it.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by Davo Ownz
I know

I just don't see what they had to gain...

Kicks. Same reason anyone vandalises anything.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Desecrating graves is about as ****ed up as it gets. This pisses me off so much.
Edited because no one understands sarcasm/exaggerations.
Last edited by skaterskagg1 at Oct 13, 2009,
Quote by skaterskagg1
Desecrating graves is about as ****ed up as it gets. This pisses me off so much. Those ****ers need to die!

and when they do, they have no where decent to be buried!
Quote by skaterskagg1
Desecrating graves is about as ****ed up as it gets. This pisses me off so much. Those ****ers need to die!

gigantic overreaction much?
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
gigantic overreaction much?

How would you feel if your family was buried in a cemetery and some guys go and destroy their headstones and what not?
Quote by skaterskagg1
How would you feel if your family was buried in a cemetery and some guys go and destroy their headstones and what not?

Pretty pissed.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by skaterskagg1

I honestly can't say I'd care unless I had to pay to have the headstone(s) fixed.

They're dead, dude. They don't mind either.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by skaterskagg1

I don't think the dead dudes will mind very much.

Quote by skaterskagg1

Probably slightly pissed. Certainly not pissed enough for it to rank among the most ****ed up things that could happen to me (probably underneath being beaten up) and certianly not enough for me to want people dead.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by dudetheman
I honestly can't say I'd care unless I had to pay to have the headstone(s) fixed.

They're dead, dude. They don't mind either.
This.

But still, that's pretty ****ed up; I can't see anyone actually enjoying vandalizing a cemetery. You'd have to be a complete bastard....
Quote by DiveRightIn63
simpsons did it.
Goddammit!!

But seriously that sucks. I hope your dad's grave wasn't upset in any way.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Buncha hardasses in here.

I would be pissed off as hell if someone desecrated my mom's grave.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Probably slightly pissed. Certainly not pissed enough for it to rank among the most ****ed up things that could happen to me (probably underneath being beaten up) and certianly not enough for me to want people dead.

I believe its more the principle of the matter that he's speaking of. Its more the fact that they just desecrated the memories of those people. Thats how I see it

Either way its ****ed up and the buggers should get a huge ass fine or some jail time.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
I believe its more the principle of the matter that he's speaking of. Its more the fact that they just desecrated the memories of those people. Thats how I see it

Either way its ****ed up and the buggers should get a huge ass fine or some jail time.

That exactly what I was thinking.
Quote by herby190
This.

But still, that's pretty ****ed up; I can't see anyone actually enjoying vandalizing a cemetery. You'd have to be a complete bastard....

There was that kid in the news a while back who dug up the human skull and used it as a bong.

People have done worse things.

Vandalism pisses me off most of all when it has no point behind it.

I can see spray painting a political message on wall or tearing down something you don't agree with in political protest (even though people aren't justified in those situations) or something but mindless shit like this has no place in society.

A couple of years ago some group of assmongers destroyed a bunch of cars at a local used car dealership near my home and it really pissed me off.

I know the people who own that place and they're good people. It's unfair to mess up their property for no reason. I'm surprised the place didn't go out of business over it.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
A couple of years ago some group of assmongers destroyed a bunch of cars at a local used car dealership near my home and it really pissed me off.

I know the people who own that place and they're good people. It's unfair to mess up their property for no reason. I'm surprised the place didn't go out of business over it.
Was there a reason, or were they just being douchebags?
Quote by herby190
Was there a reason, or were they just being douchebags?

There could have been some reason but nothing was reported.

There were also "King Cobra" bottles found at the scene, so I'm guessing it was just a bunch of drunken shitheads with nothing to do.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by valennic

Those things only bother you if you allow them to.
I'm not saying it's not a bad thing, just not one of the most ****ed up things ever and deserving of death as the poster I was responding to said.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I'm not saying it's not a bad thing, just not one of the most ****ed up things ever and deserving of death as the poster I was responding to said.

Of course I didn't actually mean I wanted them to die. I was just exaggerating.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Well its not deserving of death no, I'm fairly sure he was exaggerating anyway. A more suitable punishment would be along the lines of a fine or a jail term, as I stated in my previous post. But yeah, definitely not the most ****ed up thing that can happen

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Guy's I didn't mean to start an argument whether they deserve to die or not. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. SkaterStagg was just exaggerating his point. Whoever said that they wouldn't really care have obviously not experienced any personal loss of someone dear to them.

I am pretty sure that you would care if someone destroyed the place your father is buried. And not just his, there were heaps of things destroyed there.
a little lost.....
Quote by Davo Ownz
Guy's I didn't mean to start an argument whether they deserve to die or not. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. SkaterStagg was just exaggerating his point. Whoever said that they wouldn't really care have obviously not experienced any personal loss of someone dear to them.

I am pretty sure that you would care if someone destroyed the place your father is buried. And not just his, there were heaps of things destroyed there.

Honestly dude, should it matter if its your fathers or someone else's? It selfish to say oh doesn't matter their dead now who cares. Families visit and place flowers there to remember them, they don't want a trash pile near their sites. Some of those statues are over 100 years old, and takes 4 people to lift. Wasn't just a hey push this over thing.

They are causing public destruction, plus all the other laws. Most of those figures can't be replaced now.
Quote by ShallowEndings
Honestly dude, should it matter if its your fathers or someone else's? It selfish to say oh doesn't matter their dead now who cares. Families visit and place flowers there to remember them, they don't want a trash pile near their sites. Some of those statues are over 100 years old, and takes 4 people to lift. Wasn't just a hey push this over thing.

They are causing public destruction, plus all the other laws. Most of those figures can't be replaced now.

Thats exactly why I said " and there are heaps of other things destroyed " IE: Other families grave sites and head tombs. I understand fully that it is not just MY problem.
a little lost.....
Don't feel bad TS, most of UG thinks they're soooo badass that they like to think they wouldn't care. Trust me, they would.
Page 1 of 3