I wanted to post this for anyone who might be looking at buying this, or any other Bugera amp.

I had read the reviews and heard the amp, and really liked it. I figured i couldnt get anything close to as powerful/versatile as this for even half the price from another brand.

I got mine about 3 weeks ago, i tried it the first night i got it, played around for about 1 hour, trying to dial it in or whatever, there was a ticking noise coming from the amp just as i turned it off and went to bed. i didnt take notice of that noise at the time.

when i turned it on the next day after coming home from work, the ticking noise was present as soon as i turned it on, and within 30 seconds i heard a noise similar to wwhen you hear a light bulb blow, except louder. the amp switched off entirely, and could get nothing out of it. i first tried changing the fuse to the power supply, like they suggest you do, but it blew as soon as i turned it on with the new fuse.

then i contacted behringer customer service, they were helpful, organized to pick the amp up and look at it, at their expense. first they said they looked at it in their own workshop and could not fix it, then they sent it to a 3rd party repairman, they gave me his details and i called him about a week after, to see about it.

he had said something about the valves not being wired properly, a common fault they didnt pick up on with many amps out of the factory.

about a week after that (yesterday) they delivered it back to me at my work, at their expense. i had looked at the back, you can see they had used different tubes. they said "bugera EL34" on them.

i took it home last night, and within 2 minutes of it being on, the ticking noise appeared, and it crapped out again, i changed the fuse (i had spares from the last time it crapped out), and it turned on for about a second with no noise before that fuse blew.

i contacted them today, the customer service lady i had been liasing with referred it to their customer service manager to find a solution.

my advise to anyone who is considering buying one of these amps is to be sure of their warranty policy in the area you are in. make sure they will replace/refund fully in the event of any malfunction, and any shipping to and from anywhere is done at their expense. because chances are the amp will crap out.
Last edited by Denilson at Oct 14, 2009,
tl;dr?
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
sounds like the output transformer shorted out or the lead coming from the transformer to the PCB board arced and fried. that was a common thing to happen from the first run of the amps. you might have gotten one of the old batches. my 6262 head has the new transformer clips that are soldered directly to the board instead of haveing the old plastic clips they used for the transfomers
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
could be i guess.

the very first time it blew and i changed the fuse, i was looking at the back of it and noticed one of the tubes didnt light up. then after a few seconds the one next to it went off, and a second later the whole thing turned off.
Quote by Denilson
could be i guess.

the very first time it blew and i changed the fuse, i was looking at the back of it and noticed one of the tubes didnt light up. then after a few seconds the one next to it went off, and a second later the whole thing turned off.

YEP..thats your transformer shorting out..and in return took out your fuses and your tubes slowly. when you get replacment amp, open it up and check to see if the lead wire coming from the output transfomer going to th board is connected with a plastic clip or soldered down. if it has the plastic clip then you can actually remove the clip, snip the wires and solder it directly..once your warranty is up
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Quote by 1jack369
i always thought the 6262 was a rip-of of the 6505+/5150ii

not really rip offs, but the first batch of Bugera amps where kinda modeled off of a few peavey amp lines:

333XL= Peavey JSX
333= Peavey Triple XXX
6260= Peavey 5150/6505 (which is a ripoff of the Soldano SLO.which is moddled off a modded Jcm800 that was big in the 80s)
6262=Peavey 5150 II/6505+
1990= Marshall Jcm 900 4100 Dual Reverb
1960= Marshall 1959/1987x Plexi

BUgeras New line is the V series which is influenced by Bad cat, Fender and Hiwatt
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
im still weighing up whether to get a replacement or get my money back.

if this amp has crapped out like this, even if i get one that works for a while, i'll always be scared its gonna go at any second...
Quote by Denilson
im still weighing up whether to get a replacement or get my money back.

if this amp has crapped out like this, even if i get one that works for a while, i'll always be scared its gonna go at any second...

i know how you feel, but other then the transformer issue they had. the amps are great! fixing the transformer clip(soldering it to the board) is a 15 min fix. a tech would charge about $40 to do the work or someone just handy with a soldering iron could do it.

ive had my 6262 head for almost a year now, had the 6262-212 combo before and had the "clip" issue once, then fixed it and it sounded better then ever. sold it after i bought 6262 head from a friend, who actually soldered the wires down him self and tightened few things up on it. now it shreds man. i love it. i also rock a 5150 II, a jcm 900 slx, and 2 Mes Mk iv heads as well and i love the 6262. (im a gear collecter/junkie..haha)
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Quote by HouseBoy83
i love it. i also rock a 5150 II, a jcm 900 slx, and 2 Mes Mk iv heads as well and i love the 6262. (im a gear collecter/junkie..haha)

how would you compare the 6262 to the mesa's?? i'm considering either a 6262 (and a few other amps) or waiting and getting a mesa (either a used mk 4 or wait ages for a mk 5)
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by shredftw
how would you compare the 6262 to the mesa's?? i'm considering either a 6262 (and a few other amps) or waiting and getting a mesa (either a used mk 4 or wait ages for a mk 5)

well you really cant compare them to much at all since they both have completely diferent tones. the 6262(5150 II) has a more RAW and open sound. really agressive!

the Mk IV has a very smooth tone to it, with alot of bite. has a tone of gain, a bit less then the 6262 imo. but honestly if i had to choose between a 6262 and Mk IV..Mk iv hands down just because the amp is ungodly..haha. but i do like the 6262 as well
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
i wish i could actually talk about the sounds a 6262 could produce, but i bought it almost a month ago and has been functional for less than 2 hours total lol