The title says it all. I have an EMG 81/60, and personally, the 60 has the best cleans of any pickup I've heard thus far. The 81 does kinda sound sterile, but it has a real twangy sound, which kinda reminds me of a Tele.. I think some overdrive on the 60 would sound pretty good for blues, what do you guys think?
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
While someone will try to be all specific with a response to my answer. Gilmour used EMGs, he played "blues" with it.
What about a 58, there suppose to sound like a p90.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

I use to think EMGs where awesome. then i started paying attention to different artists that get gnarly solid sound without active pick ups and realized active is just a waste. why try to imporve something tat doesnt need it? you can get similar if not better sounds from a distorted pick up. to each his own though but i feel active pick ups are as much as a ****ty gimmick as the gibson robot guitars.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
EMGs were invented to give Blues and Jazz guitarists more power without distortion or other noise. The fact that they distort brilliantly is a handy bonus. That said, the tone range would not compete with a BKP PG Blues or IronGear Blues Engine which are dedicated to the task. Meanwhile the P90 sized Alnico V 'Staple' that Gibson used on some models pretty much defined the sound of Blues guitar since the 50's.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x