Ok, there is so much information to gather and sort out when first starting out, I would like to get a list together in order of importance. From the simplest to the more complex. I need ideas! List whatever you can think of.

I'll start by telling you what I've got to work with and the type of music I would like to learn to play.

Guitars:

I've got a mid 90's Charvel Jackson Strat style neckthrough electric.
I've also got a Dean acoustic electric with no cut outs.

Electronic Equipment:

I've got an old DOD board that has a bunch of effects. Haven't quite figured out everyting on it yet.

I've got a little cheapie 60 watt amp.

I would like to learn how to play metal/rock and I also like rock-a-billy. I've been playing around 1 year at a slow pace. I can play 1st position ok, but like I said, it's been slow going due to work, family life and other things. I used a book called "Guitar Method" to get started and took classes though my local county. Again, it was just the basics. Any info is greatly apprecaited!
Quote by Justified Death
fap

shut up.

Learn how to play every major and minor chord all over the neck of the guitar before moving onto scales and lead playing. practice simple songs that are just chords and practice with a metronome, timing is essential in music and you'll go nowhere fast if you dont have a good sense of rhythm.

also, i wouldnt get any new guitars until later on but if your amp is cheap maybe you should consider buying a line 6 spider III (seriously, if its a cheap amp, get a better one.)
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Last edited by Fenderhippie69 at Oct 14, 2009,
Quote by Fenderhippie69
Learn how to play every major and minor chord all over the neck of the guitar before moving onto scales and lead playing. practice simple songs that are just chords and practice with a metronome, timing is essential in music and you'll go nowhere fast if you dont have a good sense of rhythm.

So true. If you can't stay with a tempo, no amount of technique is going to make you sound any good.
Quote by Fenderhippie69
shut up.

also, i wouldnt get any new guitars until later on but if your amp is cheap maybe you should consider buying a line 6 spider III (seriously, if its a cheap amp, get a better one.)

Quote by Justified Death

You're gonna have to buy me dinner first.

Resistance is victory.

Do not sit idly by.
Quote by Justified Death

Hai! Meet mai famuly1!1!1

Your moms kinda cute, may she join us for an after desert treat?

Resistance is victory.

Do not sit idly by.
Quote by Justified Death

Hai! Meet mai famuly1!1!1

Are you adopted?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Uhhh, you know that's spam, right? ^
Quote by lolmnt
You would know if you were on the forums a year ago, people would randomly post RIP Dime in a thread, I don't think you can get banned for it, though.
Quote by lolmnt