So I had a thought today...my rig is well over $4000 and I should protect it and keep it running at its best efficiency.

I've never thought much about power conditioners, but I know that a lot of people recommend these to keep steady, clean power going to your amp, but is that basically their only purpose? Im guessing that they dont much else. What would be some good ones to look at? Im looking for a reputable brand and the most I'd pay is $100 unless the extra cost of one will benefit me greatly. I did a quick search on MF and the cost seems to vary from $100 to close to 2 grand. Im not sure what that price difference will get me, but If anyone knows I'd like a crash course.

so will $100 get me one that will get the job done? And if I were to get one of these would there be a point in getting a surge protector? Im not sure if power conditioners would serve that sort of dual purpose.

Second, a surge protector. So there's the basic models you can get at Wal Mart for a few bucks...and then there's ones that seem to be made specifically for musical gear and they can run for up to $100. Is there anything majorly different about more expensive ones. Does something like them having gold connectors really make a huge difference? And once again, do I need one of these if Im getting a power conditioner? Besides that there's multiple outlets, would one of these be useful if I already had a power conditioner? If so, recommendations for under $100, please and thank you
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Quote by Bright Light
So I had a thought today...my rig is well over $4000 and I should protect it and keep it running at its best efficiency.

I've never thought much about power conditioners, but I know that a lot of people recommend these to keep steady, clean power going to your amp, but is that basically their only purpose? Im guessing that they dont much else. What would be some good ones to look at? Im looking for a reputable brand and the most I'd pay is $100 unless the extra cost of one will benefit me greatly. I did a quick search on MF and the cost seems to vary from $100 to close to 2 grand. Im not sure what that price difference will get me, but If anyone knows I'd like a crash course.

so will $100 get me one that will get the job done? And if I were to get one of these would there be a point in getting a surge protector? Im not sure if power conditioners would serve that sort of dual purpose.

Second, a surge protector. So there's the basic models you can get at Wal Mart for a few bucks...and then there's ones that seem to be made specifically for musical gear and they can run for up to $100. Is there anything majorly different about more expensive ones. Does something like them having gold connectors really make a huge difference? And once again, do I need one of these if Im getting a power conditioner? Besides that there's multiple outlets, would one of these be useful if I already had a power conditioner? If so, recommendations for under $100, please and thank you

protects against surges
filters power for interference pollution
sufficient outlets to power your rack

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Furman-M8LX-Power-Conditioner-wLights?sku=181046

Most import is the surge protector, but the convencience of just having 8-9 power outlets in your rack is also more organized. Don't know how well the filter works, but it's there.
WTLTL 2011