I'm gonna be moving to college and my dorm is awfully small and at least for now I'm only going to be taking my electric guitar as far as instruments go and I'm leaving my acoustic at home. Its actually a Breedlove electroacoustic guitar with steel strings. I'm wondering if I should remove the strings while I wont be playing it? Looseing up the tension or leave it as is? It'll probably be a year b4 its played again
loosen them but not all the way and don't take them off
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by revoh
I'm gonna be moving to college and my dorm is awfully small and at least for now I'm only going to be taking my electric guitar as far as instruments go and I'm leaving my acoustic at home. Its actually a Breedlove electroacoustic guitar with steel strings. I'm wondering if I should remove the strings while I wont be playing it? Looseing up the tension or leave it as is? It'll probably be a year b4 its played again

Guitar necks are much more stable things than a lot of people give them credit as being. I myself would leave it as it is, strung up and in tune. I would be more concerned how it was stored away. Meaning somewhere with relatively constant temperature and humidity and also where it won't get damaged by mistake. The bottom of a closet is not an ideal place.
From experience, when you move in to college, you'll absolutely want the acoustic over the electric. Especially if you're trying to save space.

I say bring 'em both.

If not, just leave the strings on. It would be fine either way.