Alright, so my mom is giving me 1000$ on Christmas for recording gear. I realize this isn't a lot of money to get high quality equipment. But what would I be able to get some decent equipment. Any suggestions are needed. Thanks.
--Blink-182 is back--
R.I.P. James "The Rev" Sullivan
---> Llama's are cool.
Stay (Sic)

that is quite generous of your mother

get a firewire interface such as a presonus firepod

a shure sm57 and/or sennheiser e906, and/or a shure sm7b

pirate the plugins

this will come in under your budget

however, given your gear and listed experience on your profile, you might want to wait until you are a bit more experienced, and spend that money on a new amp and/or guitar.

or perhaps get a cheaper usb interface and fool around with daw software till you get the hang of it
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Last edited by the boogieman at Oct 14, 2009,
Yes, she offered LOTS more than I expected. And thank you very much for that. I will look into that
--Blink-182 is back--
R.I.P. James "The Rev" Sullivan
---> Llama's are cool.
Stay (Sic)

Definately invest in some new gear man.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by the boogieman
that is quite generous of your mother

get a firewire interface such as a presonus firepod

a shure sm57 and/or sennheiser e906, and/or a shure sm7b

pirate the plugins

this will come in under your budget

however, given your gear and listed experience on your profile, you might want to wait until you are a bit more experienced, and spend that money on a new amp and/or guitar.

or perhaps get a cheaper usb interface and fool around with daw software till you get the hang of it

i agree with this except pirating the plug ins. these arent huge corporations, these are usually smallish teams that build this software. so please buy your software
use free plugin, there is a whole lot of them on the web and very very high quality.
Peavey Bandit 112
Washburn Chicago series :SD Invader at bridge ,GFS Lil Killer on neck
Bc Rich Warlock :GFS Vintage59 on neck ,Crunchy rails on bridge
Epiphone SG :Tusq Nut, GFS Crunchy Pat on neck, bc rich pickup on bridge
lots of cheap pedals