Quote by Kevy Absolution
Nope.

Yes it is. Admins can change usernames.

But, and this is important, they won't do it unless there's a very good reason for it. Something like "i dun like it i want a new one lol" isn't going to cut it.

So, thread starter, take it up with one of the admins
^^ still , there are fairly low chances in getting a new one. Too bad, but this is it. Half of UG would want this.

Maybe they could do something like the ban contest(when they clear the record for you), and do this for the name change.
Quote by szekelymihai
^^ still , there are fairly low chances in getting a new one. Too bad, but this is it. Half of UG would want this.

Maybe they could do something like the ban contest(when they clear the record for you), and do this for the name change.

Name changes are different to bans though. If people go about changing names then it gets confusing as to who is who on the forums. Dammit, it find i confusing when people change their avatar, let alone there username.

At the moment, the only way a username gets changed afaik, is if there name has a strage character or something in it, making it difficult for them to log in.
Quote by wes_jett2008
Is it possible to get a username change?
Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

If you have special characters in your username that cause problems on the profiles, a change request will almost certainly be honoured. Other than that, it happens seldom.

You can PM an admin and ask. State why you want the name changed and what you would like it changed to. Be prepared to hear the likely answer: No.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quick question:

I know about it being harder to track multis and all that, but say, for instance, I wanted to get my username decapitalised, would that really be such an issue? It'd be the same characters, but in lowercase.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
Quick question:

I know about it being harder to track multis and all that, but say, for instance, I wanted to get my username decapitalised, would that really be such an issue? It'd be the same characters, but in lowercase.

Things like that have been done before, its generally ok. Get on to Frenchyfungus about it, i would say.

I think i would prefer your name in capitals though
Quote by genghisgandhi
what are some justified reasons for a name change? i dont want it, i've just always wondered

Some people sign up originally with their email, and i assume they obviously realise they dont want everyone in the world to see it.

Also, some usernames contain special characters, that can make it difficult for someone to log on.
Quote by genghisgandhi
what are some justified reasons for a name change? i dont want it, i've just always wondered

Main reasons are if your name is something that annoys a mod. Like there was one dude who's name was "the rapist" and they made him change it.

Other things are if, like they ^ said, If it makes it difficult to log in.

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Things like that have been done before, its generally ok. Get on to Frenchyfungus about it, i would say.

I think i would prefer your name in capitals though

I wouldn't contact Frenchy purely out of fear of him changing it to something ridiculous, like when he changed duncang's to something like 'A7Xcreatemusicalworkingsthatienjoy'.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
I wouldn't contact Frenchy purely out of fear of him changing it to something ridiculous, like when he changed duncang's to something like 'A7Xcreatemusicalworkingsthatienjoy'.

I heard a story of how a long time ago, Cas changed "figsandbobo" to "fagsandhomos"..
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Oct 14, 2009,
It usually has to be a very good reason, or you've done something for the site. Username changes aren't really promoted because if one person gets it done, loads more will get it done, and considering only admins can do it, and with only 1 active admin on the forums, it'll take up alto of time.

I'd suggest you only ask for it to be changed if:
- has special characters causing problems
- is offensive
- you havent been in trouble before with the mods
- people seeing your internet activity by searching your username interferes with your personal life.
etc

Changes such as making characters lower-case wouldn't really count as a good reason, nor would "im bored of this username".

Just remember, frenchy has alot of stuff to do, both on the forums and off the forums. dont pester for username changes unless you think its really necessary
Been away, am back
^ I wouldnt really say thats a perfect reason. I didnt think it was your name when i looked at it.
Been away, am back
This is why we advise people to make sure they take care when signing up to the site
Been away, am back
3 years ago it didn't bother me too bad being that I used the same username pretty much everywhere...Now its alittle annoying to search yourself on google and find a ton of crap.
Quote by CTFOD

Hey it's not like I asked him to change it to DuncanG and he did it out of spite, A7Xareabandwhohavecreatedmusicalworksthatienjoy was the whole point
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.