i have about 2,000 to spend i've been playing for 8 years now on cheap guitars or my dads old ones i want a guitar thats gonna last any suggestions?
Whats ur amp and what type of music do u play?
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
2,000 is a lot!
go ask in electric guitar stating what amp you have and what type of music you play
I have a 1966 Gibson "C" model that my Dad bought for me new when I was 11. It cost $144.00 at that time.

I tell you that to say that you will have a big impact on how long any instrument lasts; even if it costs well under the amount you mention.

This Summer I bought a 2009 Gibson Les Paul Standard Traditional Pro and walked out the door for about $1300.00. I fully expect that instrument to still be going long after I'm gone.
You DON'T know what to buy? It would be easy enough to tell you what I would choose, but shurely you've got a favourite (Fender, Gretch, Rickenbacker, etc).

Go for a good quality American made guitar, since you've got the lolly to spend. Look after it and it'll last you for life.
Last edited by Strawberry_Lynn at Oct 14, 2009,
Quote by guitarking17
i have about 2,000 to spend i've been playing for 8 years now on cheap guitars or my dads old ones i want a guitar thats gonna last any suggestions?

I'll suggest a Gibson Les Paul Traditional .
shred is gaudy music
Or Fender tele california,it good price and for the rest of money you can buy a really good amp.
The EG forum will just offer the same old stuff.

I've noticed the people in this forum know their stuff
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Best advice; take your time and play loads of different guitars. I searched for ages and ages in countless stores for my current guitar (fender strat) and found it after around 3 months of looking. Each and every guitar plays differently.

So happy with it now.
2000 can get you a very decent PRS which have comarible if not better *with some models* quality then gibson.
Surely you'd have some idea of what you want if you have been playing for 8 years.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
yeah i was thinking a fender strat american, gibson les paul, or a gretsch im leaning towards the fender for an amp i have a marshall: 1960av
Well Stats, Les Pauls and Gretsch's are very different guitars to each other. You're basically pushing the extremes of different contemporary sounding guitars.

I'll just say get an SSH Strat because they're versatile and you're not sure of what you want.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Well, I would spend 400 on a Blackstar HT-5 from here: http://roselanemusic.com/epages/eshop111508.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eshop111508/Products/HT5S
Its a great amp for it's price which sounds good both with low volume and cranked up. The overdrive channel espescially rocks.

For the guitar I would just go to a local music store and test alot of different guitars, and then when you have found a favourite you come back here and get some opinions on it and if it seems as a good buy you should buy it, remember though that in the end it's your guitar and what feels good in somebodyelses hands might not feel good in yours.
2k will get you an okay Les Paul or a '61 re-issue SG and a decent little amp, if my sums are about right. I know which I'd go for.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by vinnie-watt5
The EG forum will just offer the same old stuff.

I've noticed the people in this forum know their stuff

But that is where you go for those kinds of threads.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.