my first fret on the low e and a strings have some slight fret buzz, how do i fix this??
FOR SALE: MESA BOOGIE STUDIO PREAMP
Ship Worldwide, Message me for details.
my action is fine, its only bussing at the first fret no other. my action is pretty high. i think its the nut height?
The nut is cut too low if its only on the first fret. There was a post a couple of months ago about filling with epoxy and something for extra strength. Have a search if you want to avoid the cost and bother of having a new nut installed.

Second thought. Is it buzzing on open strings? That's the nut. If its when you play at the first fret, it sounds like a fret dressing and leveling is needed.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Last edited by Lurcher at Oct 14, 2009,
nah only buzzes when played open. dosent really bother me atm il just leave it haha
you can also click the green link in my sig and look at the first post.

measure the neck's relief, and make sure that the strings arent touching the middle frets, when held as described.

if it is, then post back.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeh i know about that trick haha and yeh i have about half a mil gap between the frets and the strings.
well if it's not on the fret wire and you can't fit a credit card in the gap, then you can safely try
a 1/4 Counter Clockwise turn of the truss rod.
dont force the turn and let it settle in tune.

or you know, you can leave it, maybe work on swapping out the nut eventually.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011