I guess it never really bothered me until the other day. I've always chewed gum while playing soccer, because it helps my mouth not dry out. Does it affect your performance by any measure- besides the fact of choking or something on it.
Yeah cause i am retarded and can't multi-task..

Durp-De-Derp...
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Nexium
Yeah cause i am retarded and can't multi-task..

Durp-De-Derp...

I'm talking about dehydration or something along those lines you idiot.
Quote by A7XFAN1995
You also wank to a video of your parents, TS I'd start to question just how normal your gum chewing habit is.

It's not that bad. Just like 3-4 pieces a day.
Used to do it when playing cricket all the time for similar reasons to the football guy above. That said if you're chewing on something surely that will reduce the amount of air you breathe in etc as you have an obstacle being chewed in your mouth...may make you more tired etc...
Quote by A7XFAN1995
You also wank to a video of your parents, TS I'd start to question just how normal your gum chewing habit is.

It was a joke dumbarse
a little lost.....
Quote by A7XFAN1995
I know dude mine was just a joke too

It's hard to decipher sarcasm over the internet

We're cool
a little lost.....
Quote by aap80
I always eat cheeseburgers while playing guitar

i eat guitars while playing with cheeseburgers...

<.<
>.>

Quote by EmilyTStrange
I'm talking about dehydration or something along those lines you idiot.

Eh, how the f**k does chewing gum stop you being de-hydrated?? Drinking water makes you hydrated, gum contains no water... your logic fails me..

SH
It makes you hungry and being hungry when you need to be physically prepared is not a good idea.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
I don;t chew gum the standard way during athletic activities. For those, I stick it between my ass cheeks and walk funny.