Page 1 of 2
This is relatively old news, 3 years old, but nevertheless it still haunts me. I grew up in Germany and my first language is German, my family moved to the states a little over 2 years ago.

BERLIN, Germany, November 9, 2006 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Germany’s downward spiral in population is no longer reversible, the country’s federal statistics office said Tuesday. The birthrate has dropped so low that immigration numbers cannot compensate.

“The fall in the population can no longer be stopped,” vice-president Walter Rademacher with the Federal Statistics Office said, reported Agence France-Presse.

Germany has the lowest birthrate in Europe, with an average of 1.36 children per woman. Despite government incentives to encourage larger families, the population is dropping rapidly and that trend will continue, with an expected loss of as much as 12 million by 2050. That would mean about a 15 percent drop from the country’s current population of 82.4 million, the German news source Deutsche Welle reported today.

The low birthrate will cause the German population to age dramatically over the next 40 years--last year there were 144,000 more deaths than births, and that number could increase to 600,000 by 2050, the FSO forecast stated.

With a 22 percent reduction in the workforce and increasing costs for senior assistance and medical care, the drop in population is expected to have a radical impact on the nation’s economy, along with the welfare budget.

“I wouldn’t like to use the word ‘bankrupt’ because it’s a major challenge for the social insurance systems, that’s for certain,” Radermacher said in an interview with DW-Radio. “But the first thing is to reform the social insurance systems…We can learn from other countries…In every case, you need someone who has to work and give you some earnings.”

“The projections tell us the development of demographic trends will be even more dramatic in the eastern part of Germany,” Radermacher said . “This is because of the fertility rates in the eastern part of Germany, because of internal migration with the borders of Germany and many other demographic factors.”

While immigrants are increasingly relied upon to compensate for low birth rates in European countries, Radermacher said even factoring in a projected annual influx of 100,000-200,000 migrants won’t prevent the population plunge.

“Even those people who are immigrants adopt after a couple years the lifestyle and the number of children per family. So the assumption that immigrants will stick to their habits is simply not true.”

Germany has one of the largest populations of Muslim immigrants in Western Europe, with a Muslim community of over 3 million. That trend is expected to continue, leading some demographic trend-watchers to warn that the country is well on the way to becoming a Muslim state by 2050, Deutsche Welle reported.

The Brussels Journal reported last month that one third of all European children will be born to Muslim families by 2025. There are an estimated 50 million Muslims living in Europe today--that number is expected to double over the next twenty years.

The population losses faced by Germany reflect a trend occurring across Europe--The European Union’s statistics agency Eurostat has predicted an overall drop in Europe’s population of 7 million people by 2050.

The demographic decline coincides with a dramatic drop in Christian religious belief and a consequent rejection of Christian morality and emphasis on the benefits of family life and children.

Thoughts?
Quote by Durell, spelt like Derrell but pronounced Durell
Can I get yo beautiful ass numba?

From the same site:

The election of Barack Obama as president, Catholic Insight stated in a November 3, 2008 press release, would turn out to be a disaster for the advance of a pro-life culture.

On the most important cultural issue of all, the equality and dignity of all human beings before God, President Obama represents the greatest threat today.
His leadership is being hailed as a sign of hope across the world and welcomed with open arms. He has a 100 per cent approval rating from NARAL Pro-Choice America, the U.S.'s leading pro-abortion organization. That rating is based on a record of consistently voting against the unborn.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2009/may/09050808.html
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Oct 14, 2009,
Kensai, i just randomly picked the best translation I could find, there's several different articles saying the same thing on different websites.
Quote by Durell, spelt like Derrell but pronounced Durell
Can I get yo beautiful ass numba?
It's not a crisis, don't worry Germany, you'll soon even out and overpopulate the world just like everyone else.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Last edited by kidsilcon at Oct 14, 2009,
Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Kensai, i just randomly picked the best translation I could find, there's several different articles saying the same thing on different websites.

That doesn't make it any more valid though
*cough*

"Who Produces LifeSiteNews?

The service was originally started by Campaign Life Coalition (CLC), a Canadian national pro-life organization headquartered in Toronto, Canada. Campaign Life Coalition, founded in 1978, was one of the first pro-life organizations to emphasize the international dimension of attacks on life and family. Along with a few other groups it pioneered pro-life lobbying at United Nations conferences. CLC president, Jim Hughes, is currently also vice-president of the International Right to Life Federation.

CLC's international dimension spurred the development of LifeSiteNews as an international news service. LifeSiteNews.com Canada is a separate incorporated non-profit organization, is not involved in direct political action and does not support or oppose political candidates or parties. It is strictly a news and information service.

The 1997 founding staff of LifeSiteNews are current Managing Director Steve Jalsevac and News Editor John-Henry Westen. LifeSiteNews management and staff writers/researchers are located in various cities in Canada, the United State, Mexico and Italy and there are plans to recruit additional writers in other nations.

LifeSiteNews.com is now also supported by an incorporated U.S. LifeSiteNews.com counterpart organization and is expanding it's US presence. US citizens have become our largest readership. LifeSiteNews.com networks regularly with leaders and other organizations around the world. "

http://www.lifesitenews.com/aboutlifesite/index.html

Be careful with where you get your 'news' from, TS.
*stupid 09'er*

this space is for rent. PM me for rates
Cool, article. MI is loosing millions of residents a year. Leaves more room for me if they all go.

I like pizza!

EDIT: ^ damn you PapaSchumpf
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Last edited by Fenderhippie69 at Oct 14, 2009,
Meh, if theres enough land meaning cheaper housing and more demand for jobs, immigration will have to be aloud to increase by the government. Immigration doesnt mean the death of a culture, yeah there will be change, but most immigrants try to adapt to the new culture, only the minority wish to change the country.
China wants your problem, and you want theirs.

I have to laugh at that.

But Germany's situation seriously sucks.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I Like pizza!

EDIT: Damn you!!!!!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
population will drop which should increase demand for labor in germany, so people will eventually immigrate because salaries will be much higher.

or they can just have a federal holiday where the citizens spend their day trying to conceive.
Sent from my iPad.
On the up side, this means that there's more actual lebensraum in Germany, so no need for you to go invading Poland!
Quote by paintITblack39
population will drop which should increase demand for labor in germany, so people will eventually immigrate because salaries will be much higher.

or they can just have a federal holiday where the citizens spend their day trying to conceive.

Germany's "National Fuck Day"

sounds cool.
Quote by MightyAl
On the up side, this means that there's more actual lebensraum in Germany, so no need for you to go invading Poland!

how history has changed, now Poland is invading Germany (with their population, not so much with an army).

Oh the memories!!
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I see no problem here. Immigration will make up for the lack of Germans.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I see no problem here. Immigration will make up for the lack of Germans.

No the article stated that the population drop includes the immigration.
Even the immigration cannot compete with German women finally realising that this "ubermensch" actually is very pathetic most of the time (beertummies, bald at an early age).
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Oct 14, 2009,
Quote by Neo Evil11
Even the immigration cannot compete with German women finally realising that this "ubermensch" actually is very pathetic most of the time (beertummies, bold at an early age).

Jelaous?
OK, then Pit. Let's save Germany, and go screw some German women.
Remember, you're required by law to yell like an angry Klingon throughout the capital act.
Quote by Neo Evil11
Even the immigration cannot compete with German women finally realising that this "ubermensch" actually is very pathetic most of the time (beertummies, bold at an early age).

The article gives no actual reason for it, and to be honest, given that it's the scaremongering ramblings of the far right, I'm not surprised.
If immigration rates are too low then you make it easier and more attractive for people to immigrate. However there is no reason why people would not immigrate to Germany when there is a surplus of jobs there.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
This is a good thing. The world is overpopulated.

Why did anyone else even bother posting after this?
The world is having overpopulation problems and they're encouraging people to make babies? It's not only Germany, other countries are worried about their declining populations.
Quote by Kensai
Jelaous?

Even though I am mostly (Arian, probably 90-99%) I don't look like it at all. I have dark coloured hair, brown eyes, curls. So I don't think I will start balding at an early age genetics are a strange thing (My father does however xp).

And to Ur all ****: yeah in the future Immigration could increase. But at the moment it is not enough apparently that's what I meant. OFcourse immigration could increase in the future to "stop" this problem.
But I think with the fewer people we have on this earth, the more we will like living here (less poluters etc etc)
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Oct 14, 2009,
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
This is a good thing. The world is overpopulated.

Not really. We're a long way off being anywhere near capacity. The problem is a higher concentration of people in smaller areas and using available resources for more desireable, yet less productive means.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Neo Evil11
Even though I am mostly (Arian, probably 90-99%) I don't look like it at all. I have dark coloured hair, brown eyes, curls. So I don't think I will start bolding at an early age genetics are a strange thing (My father does however xp).

Nah man you're thinking of bald, bold means brave

Quote by Deliriumbassist
But I don't have any kids, how can I have less?

*fetches his axe and bag of lollipops*

Have -1 kids...? That means you will owe somebody a kid, right?
Quote by Kensai
Nah man you're thinking of bald, bold means brave

Or naughty.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Deliriumbassist
And what better way of owing someone a kid than by decapitating one of their own, lollipop in mouth? It'd make a nice addition to the mantlepiece

Yeah, but you still owe them a kid. That's the equivalent of like 5 sets of bass strings.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
Yeah, but you still owe them a kid. That's the equivalent of like 5 sets of bass strings.

But by never repaying them, I'm constantly a child out of pocket, meaning I have less than one child. I'm doing my part for society. I don't see that family getting rid of their child themselves, the selfish bastards
Quote by Deliriumbassist
But by never repaying them, I'm constantly a child out of pocket, meaning I have less than one child. I'm doing my part for society. I don't see that family getting rid of their child themselves, the selfish bastards

Then why stop at one child? You could become the Warren Buffet of investment child-killings!
Quote by Vornik
Page 1 of 2