im hopeing to buy a guitar soon and want this one if someone owns it or whatever not want a great guitar just one that will last

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Vendetta-2-0-Floyd-Camo-Electric-Guitar-105014500-i1405997.gc
Bestow upon me magic
Wizard, all knowing, all wise (solo)
I want to rule this kingdom
Make sweet the breeze now defiled (solo)
Dethrone the evil prince's iron fists
In velvet gloves of sin (solo)
2y? depends on how much are you going to use it....
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
i doubt it. Its a floyd rose LICENCED bridge. Itll probably lose tuning stability after a year. Otherwise if you can get hold of the hardtail version, most definately. You could also block off the tremelo with a block of wood if need be, but best not get youself into that situation if possible.
Last edited by shredder408 at Oct 14, 2009,
...retarded question not doing us 09ers any favours

it all depends on how you treat it, where you keep it etc.

if you treat it mediocre, can last for 5-10, well for a very longtime
Guitar - The true Religion
Quote by AusMetal33
...retarded question not doing us 09ers any favours

it all depends on how you treat it, where you keep it etc.

if you treat it mediocre, can last for 5-10, well for a very longtime

no matter how well you treat it you can't get a bad floyd rose to last any longer ive found. The other guitarist in my band bought a ESP LTD in the same price range, exact same specs excluding the mahogany body (it has basswood). 4 months and tuning stability is gone.
Quote by shredder408
no matter how well you treat it you can't get a bad floyd rose to last any longer ive found. The other guitarist in my band bought a ESP LTD in the same price range, exact same specs excluding the mahogany body (it has basswood). 4 months and tuning stability is gone.

a licensed floyd rose isnt automatically a bad floyd rose, some are good quality

besides, hes asking about the guitar in general not just the floyd rose which can be easily swapped out or hardtailed
Guitar - The true Religion
2 years? Geez one of my guitars is 26 years old and the other 23. Buying a guitar for only 2 years is a bad investment in my opinion.
Anyways, about licensed Floyds some are awesome, some better then German OFR's in some peoples opinions (like the Gotoh Floyd) and some just utter crap. I'll give you a quick comparison. Your guitar retails for $179, a decent Floyd will cost you around $130. Thats more then half of your guitar put together. Looking at that, in my eyes no way is that guitar worth upgrading. I'd hold off, save and get something better or look for used gear.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
what the ****,09ers are the best they suck more than i do,and the guitar will last if u take care of if,doesnt matter what guitar it is,drink,smoke,**** and play,everything is alright,peace !
Quote by DSOTM80
2 years? Geez one of my guitars is 26 years old and the other 23. Buying a guitar for only 2 years is a bad investment in my opinion.
Anyways, about licensed Floyds some are awesome, some better then German OFR's in some peoples opinions (like the Gotoh Floyd) and some just utter crap. I'll give you a quick comparison. Your guitar retails for $179, a decent Floyd will cost you around $130. Thats more then half of your guitar put together. Looking at that, in my eyes no way is that guitar worth upgrading. I'd hold off, save and get something better or look for used gear.

This^infinity.
Quote by KoffMe
what the ****,09ers are the best they suck more than i do,and the guitar will last if u take care of if,doesnt matter what guitar it is,drink,smoke,**** and play,everything is alright,peace !

Shut up.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
My guitar is way worse then that and I've had it for 3 years.
RIP Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan
Quote by shredder408

I've had my ESP LTD KH-202 with a licensed floyd rose for almost 2 years now and tuning stability is pretty much just as perfect as the day i bought it. Licensed floyd rose does not automatically = bad floyd rose.

Granted my guitar was considerably pricier than the one in the TS's link.
Quote by DSOTM80
This!

I've got 2 guitars which are each 25 years old, and my stepson's old Plywood Encore, which is 10 years old and they all play just fine. 2 years is nothing in the life of an instrument - provided you look after it.
Quote by DSOTM80

He has a point. But if you really want the guitar, buy it at your own risk.

But before you buy it, though, you might want to take a look at guitars that are more or less similar to that - there's a vendetta version that has a fixed bridge.

And uhm. STFU '09er.
2 years and it should hardly be played in!
My Yammy was nothing special when I got it. Second lowest of the range. All I have done is upgrade the pickups by choice, not need. Its as good if not better than the day I got it. The single locking trem is still perfect.
I bought it in 1984
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

When I read the OP, I thought perhaps he was asking the question from the standpoint of: I'm new to guitar, will I "outgrow" this guitar within 2 years?

Like as he gets better will he start to notice it's shortcomings to the point where he is dissatisfied with the instrument enough that he feels he must replace it.
Quote by Commodor 64
When I read the OP, I thought perhaps he was asking the question from the standpoint of: I'm new to guitar, will I "outgrow" this guitar within 2 years?

Like as he gets better will he start to notice it's shortcomings to the point where he is dissatisfied with the instrument enough that he feels he must replace it.
Ah. I'm not sure anyone can actually answer that - we have no way of knowing how fast TS will progress, or how much he'll practice Then again, his guitar isn't going to get any worse as his playing gets better, so however much he might start wanting a better instrument, he probably won't actually need one.
The guitar will last two years, unless you break it OBVIOUSLY. The floyd is probably not of any real good quality and will not be able to hold tune for very long in it's later days. However, before this happens, I'm certain you'll get to a point where you need a better guitar to keep up with your playing needs.
Yes, it will last two years, but you're likely to replace it before then.
yeah people are telling me that this guitar will fall apart on me even if i treat it well and i feel that thats bull****. I would take better care of this guitar than my girlfreind. ill probably upgrade the pick-ups eventually, money is so tight that i probably wont be able to upgrade till summer next year and i would practice as often as possible, around school and skateboarding. i dont plan on getting a new guitar in two years but i wanted to make sure that it will last two years becuase thats the next time ill be able to afford another guitar.!
Bestow upon me magic
Quote by thrashmetalhed
yeah people are telling me that this guitar will fall apart on me even if i treat it well and i feel that thats bull****. I would take better care of this guitar than my girlfreind. ill probably upgrade the pick-ups eventually, money is so tight that i probably wont be able to upgrade till summer next year and i would practice as often as possible, around school and skateboarding. i dont plan on getting a new guitar in two years but i wanted to make sure that it will last two years becuase thats the next time ill be able to afford another guitar.!
There's a line...
lol jk . probably not that good i wouldnt sneak out of class to make out with my guitar in the hall.lol.. but you get my point i would treat as if it breaks i just killed a human being
Bestow upon me magic
Quote by MeLodicDethMTL
No it won't, a guitar that would last for 2years or more id say that would cost $700+

What?! That's rediculous. I could make any guitar last for as long as I want. It's not like they really wear out except for maybe the frets. after a LOOOONG time.

Oh yeah, and regarding LFR's, I have a kramer with one, have had it for two years, and I still only have to tune it like once every two weeks. Even then it's just tiny minor tuning.

And don't get a camo guitar. Please.
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist