1. Are there any out there with a slim tapered '60's neck?

2. How are the pups on these, for 90's Alternative, Grunge, Post-Grunge, think Creed, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, etc.

3. Would a set of JB/'59 Duncans be better?

I have a JCM 900 and a lot of pedals in the gear department.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
I don't know specifically... but in general I find that studios have relatively thin necks. I've played a few with thick baseball bats though, mine seems to have an abnormally thin neck though. I'm sure it's not uncommon. Try a few out.

2. How are the pups on these, for 90's Alternative, Grunge, Post-Grunge, think Creed, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, etc.
They're ok as far as stock pickups go, if they are good for any style then they're the ones you're looking to play. They'll give you a hot, modern hard rock tone. But they're a little generic and kind of lack character.

Hard to say, I had that same setup in mine, I didn't love it, but it was ok. Clear upgrade over the stock pickups though.
Quote by al112987
I don't know specifically... but in general I find that studios have relatively thin necks. I've played a few with thick baseball bats though, mine seems to have an abnormally thin neck though. I'm sure it's not uncommon. Try a few out.
They're ok as far as stock pickups go, if they are good for any style then they're the ones you're looking to play. They'll give you a hot, modern hard rock tone. But they're a little generic and kind of lack character.
Hard to say, I had that same setup in mine, I didn't love it, but it was ok. Clear upgrade over the stock pickups though.

Well I played a Epi LP Standard at the store, with a 60's neck and it was really nice actually. There were a couple studios there, and they had thicker necks, but no means huge but still, I'd much prefer something like the Epi neck.

Well modern hard rock is pretty much what I'm looking at.

Okay, thanks for the response.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Yes, I agree that Epi necks tend to be thinner, I actually really like the studio's neck profile though, it is slightly thicker, but I like the shape and how it fits in my hands (which are actually pretty small). I intensely dislike the typical "50s" style neck, like what you would get on a R7 or R8. Those things are huge and uncomfortable (probably due to my horrible technique)

Yeah the 490/498 are not really spectacular, but I do like them more than the BBpros, but they're both a little generic. Either way, they're something that can be easily upgraded.
Quote by al112987

Yeah the 490/498 are not really spectacular, but I do like them more than the BBpros, but they're both a little generic. Either way, they're something that can be easily upgraded.

Me too. I find the BB pros to be way too harsh. Though I prefer the 490/490 combo really.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by acdclandon

1. The only type is the new Silverburst
2.Well I don't play any of that music so i could not tell you that, the pups are a little on the hot side though. But the silverburst has coil taps so you can get single coils out of your Humbuckers.
3.Not sure, try the stock pups and see for yourself.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar-105456289-i1463121.gc
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.