Alrighty, so I'm gonna be saving up for an epic amp to compliment my Agile 8-string, and I was thinking about spending maybe up to 2000 Euros.

I'm looking for something that's tight, but not too harsh sounding (NOT looking for Meshuggah's tone)
Something maybe more along the lines of a Tool sound.

I'm looking at the Diezel Einstein , the Kustom Double Cross , the Mesa Boogie Single Rect. and the new Engl Fireball 100 .

Problem: out of these amps I've only played the Rect and the Fireball. The Fireball was a little whumpy (although it was not mine, but at a show where we used another band's amp, and were not allowed to change the settings), and the Rect doesn't have too good cleans, IMO.

anybody have other suggestions, or experience with these amps?
Remember it needs to be able to deal with low frequencies (we're talking low F here)

(also, inb4 dave_mc telling me to get the Engl )
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Oct 14, 2009,
Tool = VH4

and you can also get a Randall RM100 w/ the Benzin (Deizel) module
and the Line 6 Vetta and AxeFX have Deizel VH4 models
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by CoreysMonster
those are modelling amps, no?

the Ranfall MTS is all tube but it has different Modules (no its not digital)

the rest is digital modelling
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Oct 14, 2009,
Quote by The_Bosstone
...or you could just get a real VH4.

Even with 2k euros its going to be hard to find a used one along his price range (with 2500k euros he might)
feel free to add me
lolz, i don't really like the fireball (i haven't tried the new 100 watt version, though). smoother, more versatile engls would be the blackmore or maybe savage (though it may be over budget).

other options would be brunetti xlr-evo, cornford (various models), koch, diezel as you said, etc. etc. etc. Lots of options with that budget, best bet is to get to a music store with loads of those (i know there are a couple of allegedly gigantic music stores in germany, but I don't know what part of germany you're in).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Honestly, I think the mids are too scooped on the Fireball for an Adam Jones type tone. The Recto is a bit too loose and I don't think the Singles sound as good as the Dual. The Einstein is probably the most up your alley out of those.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Bogner Uberschall. Though i have no idea how much they cost in Euros.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
engl savage
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Soldano SLO. Easiest decision ever.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
^ except in europe, soldano is a usa brand
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Einstein, no contest.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i should add that i'm not really familiar with tool.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i woudl get a mesa/boogie mark v
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
The Deizel Einstein. I personally think it's a brilliant amp. I'm going on holiday to Cologne's Music Store to give it a really long test drive with different cabinets and guitars, etc. and if I like it, I will buy it.

They sound good at all volumes, and they're really articulated and tight. It's quite a knarly tone, as well. Which I love. Why they didn't give you the option to switch between the three modes in channel one with your feet is beyond me, but you can get the amp modified for that.

edit: actually, now that I think about it, you may be better off with a different Diezel. I've heard the Einstein isn't great for low tunings.

Which is my only worry because I'm getting an eight string soon enough and I have my Ibanez seven in A.
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at Oct 15, 2009,
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw
i woudl get a mesa/boogie mark v

Again, he's in Germany. Those are like 3000 euros.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs