I would like to do this mod to my EMGs... but I have an LTD Eclipse and the battery compartment doesnt have room for 2, what should I do? The finish is one of the graphic series so I'd rather not have to re-route the body..
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Lovecannon
I would like to do this mod to my EMGs... but I have an LTD Eclipse and the battery compartment doesnt have room for 2, what should I do? The finish is one of the graphic series so I'd rather not have to re-route the body..

I actually have the same problem, except that mine isn't a graphic series.
Quote by SMB13
I actually have the same problem, except that mine isn't a graphic series.

Lol did you figure a way to do it without re-routing?
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Lovecannon
Lol did you figure a way to do it without re-routing?

Nope! I'm actually hoping to get answers out of this thread as well

This thread has been hijacked by SMB13, inc.
cant you just run the 9v clip back into the control cavity by de-soldering a coupel wires and then re-attaching them after?
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by SMB13
This thread has been hijacked by SMB13, inc.

Like hell! MAN THE BATTLESTATIONS! *fires pickup cannon and launches ****ty stock pickups at SMB* Lol jk. But seriously, I hope someone can help
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw
cant you just run the 9v clip back into the control cavity by de-soldering a coupel wires and then re-attaching them after?

I'm not good with electronics... I could probably do that, but the wires are taking up most of the space in the control cavity, because it's kinda small.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw

You would have to cut part of the back open though, wouldn't you?
i did it on my ltd kh-603, its not hard
Gear:
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw
i did it on my ltd kh-603, its not hard

EC =/= KH

The body cavity sizes are different. Did you happen to take pics when you did the procedure that we can go by?
If you can fit a battery in an SG's control cavity, you can most certainly do it in an EC....
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
If you can fit a battery in an SG's control cavity, you can most certainly do it in an EC....

yes
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by MatrixClaw

Well, I'm not sure about that. It's a pretty tiny cavity. I haven't tried yet, but I'm going to try and fit two into there. I may have to stand them up their sides though to get them to fit, but even then, it'll be a tad tight
Oh trust me, the control cavity on my SG is a good bit larger than the EC cavity, and plus the EC is packed with wires
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
In the 18v thread there is a guy uses a 24v battery, just a bit bigger than a 9v.
Quote by Tempoe
In the 18v thread there is a guy uses a 24v battery, just a bit bigger than a 9v.

I heard that the 24v mod sounds like crap though.
Quote by Lovecannon
Oh trust me, the control cavity on my SG is a good bit larger than the EC cavity, and plus the EC is packed with wires

Your SG must have a much bigger control cavity then mine then... I had to put the battery in mine on the side where it's laying flattest in there and there was still a bulge when I put the cover back on. My EC-1000 had a considerably bigger cavity

Just leave the one in the battery compartment and wire the other one up for the control cavity.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by SMB13
I heard that the 24v mod sounds like crap though.

This is a thread about a problem with the 18v mod lol not random 24v mod stuff :P
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Lovecannon
This is a thread about a problem with the 18v mod lol not random 24v mod stuff :P

Not random, it was mentioned earlier.

And I think I'm going to try MatrixClaws idea
Yeah MatrixClaw's idea is best. A winrar is you
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
I have not heard the 24v mod but doubt it is any different than the 18v. To say it sounds like crap is probably quite ignorant.
Quote by Tempoe
I have not heard the 24v mod but doubt it is any different than the 18v. To say it sounds like crap is probably quite ignorant.

Well, it COULD sound like crap, but it could also sound good, so who know. It is adding another 6v which could potentially give it too much juice
From what I have heard, the difference in sound is hardly if not impossible to tell between 18v and 27v so it stands to reason that 24 would be the same. Anyways, I have mine on 9 or 18v with a mini toggle and still have room for another battery in my Jackson. If you are tight for space you could consider it, it would be a very simple solution I guess.
Quote by Tempoe
From what I have heard, the difference in sound is hardly if not impossible to tell between 18v and 27v so it stands to reason that 24 would be the same. Anyways, I have mine on 9 or 18v with a mini toggle and still have room for another battery in my Jackson. If you are tight for space you could consider it, it would be a very simple solution I guess.

Would I have to change the battery clip size, or would the stock work?
Yeah I think they are different but not 100% (google it). I think the battery is slightly bigger than a 9v too, but not much.
Last edited by Tempoe at Oct 14, 2009,
Quote by Tempoe
Yeah I think they are different but not 100% (google it).

Hmm... I hope not. I'm not a big electronics guy/ IF they are different, I'll just have someone else do it for me
2 9v batteries can fit into any guitars control cavity, i even fit 2 in my scehcter c-1 plus wich has the same control cavity as my kh-603 by the way, my les paul's control cavitys where by far the roomyest though
Gear:
Haha SMB I just noticed you are from Ohio as well. I live in Tuscarawas County, by Zoar. Where you live? And also, I managed to get that 18v mod done today.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Lovecannon
Haha SMB I just noticed you are from Ohio as well. I live in Tuscarawas County, by Zoar. Where you live? And also, I managed to get that 18v mod done today.

I live in Mechanicsburg. It's in Champaign county, about 30 minutes from Columbus